Should this be legal ?

132 eight pointer

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111204/SPORTS0103/112040357

The above story ran in the local paper yesterday.I am interested in reading your opinions on hunting from heated enclosed structures.I am not trying to bash other hunters or whine.Here is my opinion : I don't feel that able bodied individuals should be allowed to hunt from these mini camps on legs.I am not talking about anyone with a physical disability.Sitting in these heated structures watching television,cooking etc. and then opening a window to shoot at deer is not hunting. It is preying on deer but not hunting.I realize this is legal but why is this any different than shooting a deer from the window of a camp or even a parked vehicle ? Again I am not talking about disabled or elderly people using these I am talking about ANY hunter building these.I have my opinion, what is yours ?

Do I want to do it? No. But then again I like to wander the Big woods up North and rarely even see deer. (Well, I would like to see one once in a while.) Do I care if anyone else does it? No. As long as they buy their license and keep it on their side of the property line they can hunt nekkid for all I care.

Edited by covert

I am of the same opinion.. but I guess that there are some that just think this is the way to hunt.. to each his own I guess..What next... a computerized firearm that detects the deer for you and fires automatically without having to handle the weapon? I guess then you won't have to miss your favorite TV show or get out of your slippers to hunt.. I'm thinking it might increase hunter numbers..lol Things just keeps getting crazier and crazier

Do I want to do it, no. But then again I like to wander the Big woods up North and rarely even see deer. Do I care if anyone else does it, no. As long as they buy their license and keep it on their side of the property line they can hunt nekkid for all I care.

Hey .. they can hunt nekkid in the heated hut!!

Hey .. they can hunt nekkid in the heated hut!!

Say that three times fast!

Hedonistic hunting in a heated hut,

hedonistic hunting in a heated hut,

hedonistic hunting in a heated hut.

Edited by covert
  • Like 1

Here is our tower-condo. 36 ft. to the peak. Propane portable heater. I didn't read the article so i don't know how elaborate those set-ups were but i can tell you that our tower was worth the sweat to build. Can't tell you how many new hunters or friends we have brought up there. Also great place to meet for lunch without having to leave the woods and then come back.. And on miserable days when most people are home watching football, we always have a place to go so we are always able to hunt.

post-1355-0-96636500-1323135725_thumb.jp

Edited by dave6x6

Here is our tower-condo. 36 ft. to the peak. Propane portable heater. I didn't read the article so i don't know how elaborate those set-ups were but i can tell you that our tower was worth the sweat to build. Can't tell you how many new hunters or friends we have brought up there. Also great place to meet for lunch without having to leave the woods and then come back.. And on miserable days when most people are home watching football, we always have a place to go so we are always able to hunt.

MORE PICS OF THE PALACE PLEASE!!!!

Inside & out!! Particulars?

Hey I resemble tha that article....I have two bad weather shooting houses....but mine cost considerably less... still keep me out of the rain and the cold....the second one I built this year has only been hunted a couple of times...because the weather has been good ...it did help me take a bow doe...for I hunted a hang on stand 100ft in front of it....being new the deer were a tad leery during the day so they came in next to me while keeping an eye on the blind...thwack...one doe down....

finally got the hubby to go turkey hunting...he sat in the first blind pictured and I sat under it and called in a Tom....He's hooked now...late season yote hunting is so much nicer and a great place to just take pics....you won't see any apologies from me...it's just another tool...none of this years deer were taken from either...and I'll be building more...trespassers can't tell where I'm hunting now ;)

Good question.I always thought it was illegal,however I can't find that it is.

I don't think it is.

I am not really into to hunting from one of those condo stands. But to each there own. As long as we can keep more people into the sport I am all for it. I do have an issue with anyone under 40 using a stand like that :)

MORE PICS OF THE PALACE PLEASE!!!!

Inside & out!! Particulars?

HaHa, Have a few more pics that i will try to dig up. Built it in 2001 and has withstood 85 mile per hr winds without a scratch. 4 sunken telephone poles extend up to the eves. Frame built around that. Totally insulated walls and ceiling with 3 or 4 layers of carpet on the floor for noise and ins. protection. I mis- spoke on the heating. We heat it with kerosene heater. about 13x13 with walk out porch which we cover in burlap for season. Windows are an assortment of sliders. double hung and basement casement windows. 32 ft extension ladder leads to trap door in the floor for access. Knock it if you want to but it is a tool that gets used for many things on this managed property and sometimes after 5 or 6 weeks of braving the elements in a tree, it's nice to spend a blustery day up there with the smoke pole by your side . Sorry true hunter guy..

That's a great looking blind growalot, I was just being a little sarcastic. I've got a couple nice(to me) blinds I've built just using debrise I picked up in the woods. I aint complaining, got it all for free.

Dave6x6, do you insure that thing? I'd be a little nervous not living in something that nice.