Conundrum, What to do what to do.

erussell

Wait, wait, wait - you carved "Baiting is illegal dip shit" into a tree? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yes , yes I did. Funny thing had the front stuffer leaning against the tree and was so pissed off I wasnt paying attention where the shavings were going. They were going right down my barrell. What a dumbarse. Had to take the loader apart and clean it which pissed me off even more. For farts sake I hate this guy.

I guess I'm not as nice as some of you guys. I'd have pulled the stand and left the hunter a note where to reach me. If he wanted the stand back he would remove the bait, no questions no compromise.

Knowing full well what he's doing is illegal, I highly doubt he'd have a problem with that. Justice is served.

I went up and sprayed peach scented hand sanitizer on it today. Am going to contact my cousin today and let him know about it. See what he say's.

Deer like peaches . A farmer on Knickerbocker Road here in Ontario complained about the deer hitting his peach trees and got some crop damage permits for a couple guys . I wonder if the peach scent would attract !

to me this is a no brainer. I would have anonimously contacted the tip line and then you are off the hook fior pissing people off. Deer or no deer sign, I would stay out of there until the mess was cleaned up. If an officer had checked you in there, which they can do, and found it that close to you, you are busted. You would have a hard time explaining your way out of it. Stealing a stand and leaving a note for a guy who willingly breaks the law is kind of on the well dare I say it foolish. If the cousin does not hunt, he has no clue I am sure. However it may end in a place no one hunts legally. He may be mad about carving in a tree though.

Doc, it was decided in a case called Oliver v. US. The general rule is that the police do not need a warrant for private property made up of woods or fields because it is not subject to the same expectation of privacy as say a residence or office. I asked a man at college who is legal counsel for the NYSP how it applied to searches of hunting land and he confirmed that a warrant to search and surveil your private woods would not be subject to the warrant requirement. For anyone interested in a brief of the case

http://caselaw.lp.fi...l=466&invol=170

The way it is looked at in a constitutional sense is that your expectation of privacy diminishes with increased distance from your residence on that property.

Again, this is straight from the guy who tells troopers what they can and can't do with respect to searches and got his J.D. at Notre Dame. If someone disagrees, take it up with him, I'm just the messenger lol

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I figured, but wasn't sure. I sort of reasoned that if they were not allowed to investigate violations on private property, property owners would be given a free pass to break any laws that they wanted. I have heard of enough tickets written on private land to know that can't be the case.

Lol.... so any property owners that are counting on law enforcement not being able to enter your land ...... better clean up your act .... ha-ha.

• Like 1

Yes , yes I did. Funny thing had the front stuffer leaning against the tree and was so pissed off I wasnt paying attention where the shavings were going. They were going right down my barrell. What a dumbarse. Had to take the loader apart and clean it which pissed me off even more. For farts sake I hate this guy.

Even better!! :lol: