Election year ammo shortage

Am I imagining things, or does this happen every election year.  Somebody please remind me to stock up in 2023.  Prices are crazy also.  I was thankful to find a box of 30/30, 150 gr, Winchester XX hollow points today, but they cost me $ 25.  I remember paying $ 9.99 for a box of 30/30 ammo just a few years ago. 

I am thankful that I now do most of my shooting practice with a bb gun.  Those are still cheap and easy to find.  Time to hang a beer can from a wire, and cut in in half, off the back deck with my Red-ryder.

It has zero to do with the election, why make this political since it's not in the political area? Meh, oh well. If we must...

POLITICAL ------->  It has to do with the surge in far more people buying guns that didn't use to like/have guns. Buy a gun, you need ammo. Lots and lots of ammo! A whole lot of anti-gun people are now gun owners. Yet those same people are still going to vote to take guns away from anyone but them. Wait for it, it's exactly what the left wingers are gonna pull.

Crazy People ------->   It also has to do with all those tin foil hat wearing SHTF preppers who just busted a nut over recent issues in the world and are stocking up even more ammo to fill all the underground bunkers they have.

Common Sense ------->   Then there's this: No matter why, right now the demand for ammo and guns is at a huge high, and a lot of manufacturers are still at minimal staff, so supply cannot keep up. If I can only pick 100 apples a day, and the people want 500, I need to grow more trees.

Sarcasm ------->   Get it? Do I need to make a chart?

• Like 1