How often do you check your Trail Cams?

On 8/25/2020 at 7:11 AM, gastrodoc said:

Same here.  Ordered some car parts two weeks ago with estimated 3d delivery.  They have been in Maryland Hub now for 10 days.  All tracking says is package is arriving late

Meanwhile Fedex got me a package ordered same day in 3 days

Yeah , middle of the day and About 2 weeks sounds right , in and out as quickly as possible , cool . So that’s what I need , a cell cam , how much roughly do they cost  and where’d you get yours if you don’t me askin ? 

5 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Yeah , middle of the day and About 2 weeks sounds right , in and out as quickly as possible , cool . So that’s what I need , a cell cam , how much roughly do they cost  and where’d you get yours if you don’t me askin ? 

Sportmans warehouse.  I got the tacticam reveal.  It was $100. I paid for the $120 pro full year package.  Unlimited pictures for a full year. Its set up looking acrossed my food plot at my driveway. Game camera/ security  camera .  My hunting property is 25 miles away. My plan is through Verizon.  My cell gets 3 bars  but the camera gets full signal.

My Walworth cams get checked every 3 - 4 weeks .

My Geneseo cams are 50 miles away and get checked whenever I can get there . The last time was a 3 month period . The weeds , etc grew up and triggered the cams . I had a lot of pics of nothing but did have many good pics .

I don't put my cams next to my stands if I can, usually at least 150 yards away.  I just want to see what's in the area. Then I check them once a month and then once season opens as I hunt near them. I try to put them in places I will walk in to my stands so I'm not out wandering just for those.  But I've also hunted the same areas for many seasons.  If scouting new ground it's a different story. As i want to see what's in area and where deer are moving the most before setting up a stand. 

On 8/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, Zag said:

I usually keep my cams near a 4wheeler path so I can access them from the wheeler and hopefully limit my sent each time I check them. Or I will locate them along my route to stand to again limit sent. 

I also like this method of checking 

• Like 1

3 day to a week. Some.cameras get 1600 plus photos in 3 days.. but all cameras are easy main access points that are traveled all the time by me.  Mid day is best time .  I gave up on cameras in thick spots.. leave to much scent and disturbance in and out.. mine are drive up next to it swap cards on to the next.  Never even shut off motor. 

I have 13 cameras up and can check all but one sitting on the 4 wheeler.  They get checked about every three or four days I have a few more in some remote areas that you have to walk to but haven’t put those up yet next couple weeks those won’t get checked as much but most of mine you can drive up to pull the card download it to your phone put the card back and drive away never turn off the four wheeler usually mid day

I usually put my cameras out around February and retrieve them by the end of August. I’m not too concerned about getting deer pictures. I have a pretty good idea where the deer will be when the season opens. I’d rather get pictures of the predators in my hunting areas. I hope to get my cameras out of the woods in a couple of days from now. 

15 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I usually check every two weeks …. and hope their not stolen !

It seems like there’s always someone walking around in the woods no matter what day of the year it is. Starting tomorrow (squirrel opener) the woods will start getting more human traffic. At least that’s how it is in my neck of the woods. 

3 day to a week. Some.cameras get 1600 plus photos in 3 days.. but all cameras are easy main access points that are traveled all the time by me.  Mid day is best time .  I gave up on cameras in thick spots.. leave to much scent and disturbance in and out.. mine are drive up next to it swap cards on to the next.  Never even shut off motor. 

How do you check your cams and manage your pics? Load to a computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Property is 20ish mins away so can usually get up there weekly but typically wait every 2 weeks to check it.50yards inside woods so i get in and out quick.have card reader that transfers to phone so no swapping out cards

Care to share the card reader you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk