Tree stand accident

Chef

Glad your ok!! 

main reason I pull 30 stands every year and throughly check them every year.. people think I'm nuts but I refuse to let.myself friends or.family.get hurt by being lazy. Cables, metal seats. Straps all.checked and replaced if needed

• Like 2

I still put stands up alone . Shimmy the ladder stand up the tree. Put the support bar on and fasten to the tree .  I have a rope tied on each side of the ladder seat , criss cross them behind the tree and tie the to the ladder before climbing up to fasten the seat against the tree . . Been lucky so far .

• Like 1

I still put stands up alone . Shimmy the ladder stand up the tree. Put the support bar on and fasten to the tree .  I have a rope tied on each side of the ladder seat , criss cross them behind the tree and tie the to the ladder before climbing up to fasten the seat against the tree . . Been lucky so far .

That is exactly what I did and this still happend. It was a taller stand which I think played into it... and apparently muddy used cheap metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I too am glad that chef was smart and harnessed up....is it a coincidence that Melanie Trump used to work at that that metal shop?!?!?

I only joke cuz I know he’s all good and really a closet Trump Lover!!!

Who’s Melanie?  ...she sounds hot

Glad you’re ok chef.  I’ll confess, I’ve never worn a harness on a tree stand. I’ll fix that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Glad your ok  that could of been alot worse.   This reminds me i need to order my new harness.

What's the rule when after a fall for saftey harness?  Should you fully replace it?  I think I would.  

Yes,replace it since the folded and sown up webbing that cushions the fall arrest will be straightened out.

• Like 1

Glad your ok  that could of been alot worse.   This reminds me i need to order my new harness.
What's the rule when after a fall for saftey harness?  Should you fully replace it?  I think I would.  

I am

Do you have a picture showing more of the stand ? I'm curious where the weak spot was .

I will later this week when I go get it out of the woods. Was pretty pissed and banged up and just left if there for now

First off glad you are ok and a live to tell story on why wearing a harness is truly lifesaving.

Like Jeremy said I am very interested to see where this stand buckled.

Was it a new stand or have you had it for a length of time?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Brand new out of the box, I will take better pictures.