Tree stand accident

Chef

The last few ladder stands that I have bought had the "D rails".  They are heavier and seem stronger.  They are a bit more expensive, and harder to put up because of the weight.  Also, the newer ones come with a fabric seat.  These are comfortable but I don't know how durable they are.  I have used a separate ladder on these to do the initial install, especially if by myself.

• Like 2

Glad to hear you are okay and it looks like your harness is the kind that has little breakaway points to slow your fall? Main reason I wanted to comment is I am pretty sure that most harnesses should be replaced after a fall, something to do with the strength of the material after the first fall if I remember right. I could well be wrong but I do not think I am.

Glad to hear you are okay and it looks like your harness is the kind that has little breakaway points to slow your fall? Main reason I wanted to comment is I am pretty sure that most harnesses should be replaced after a fall, something to do with the strength of the material after the first fall if I remember right. I could well be wrong but I do not think I am.

You are correct and my new harness will be here on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

So I guess they made it right, a manager called me back and was beyond apologetic. He offered to let me pick out any stand in their lineup and he would sent it to me for free.

I kindly explained that I did not want another stand from muddy at this time. He told me they have many brands and directed me yo a website for hawk tree stands. He then said he would send me I believe it was the Denali two person stand. Seems like a higher end well made product.

Does anyone have expirence with Hawk stands ?

53 minutes ago, Chef said:

So I guess they made it right, a manager called me back and was beyond apologetic. He offered to let me pick out any stand in their lineup and he would sent it to me for free.

I kindly explained that I did not want another stand from muddy at this time. He told me they have many brands and directed me yo a website for hawk tree stands. He then said he would send me I believe it was the Denali two person stand. Seems like a higher end well made product.

Does anyone have expirence with Hawk stands ?

Looks like a nice stand with thicker steel, just not a fan of mesh seats.  If you leave stand up they are just like patio furniture,  the mesh rots in the sun , 3 to 5 years your sitting on it and it tears.. then how do you replace ? Stand model is no longer made ..  at least with a metal fram.you can throw a hot seat or thermal seat on it and keep using...

• Like 2

Chef, Glad your OK and it's good to know that your safety harness works when needed.

I've never used or seen a hawk stand, but they look nice and reviewers seem to like them.

G-Man- Ladder stands aren't meant to be left out in the weather all year long for years on end, without proper maintenance or protective measures.

With proper maintenance and/or protective measures, a ladder stand should last a lifetime and many of mine are over 20 years old now.

I was concerned too, when I first got ladders with mesh seats . I’m a few years in and zero issues, my mesh patio chairs have been outside year round for perhaps ten years now, good as new .

I have bought replacement seats for my ladders to have on hand just in case ,they slip on the frame once you remove some bolts and such .

Heres the ones I buy the most, much larger beams, large platform , two points of contact and attachment to the tree .

2FEAEE2A-C7BD-4628-9517-61E656EDFA1F.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Chef, Glad your OK and it's good to know that 

G-Man- Ladder stands aren't meant to be left out in the weather all year long for years on end, without proper maintenance or protective measures.

With proper maintenance and/or protective measures, a ladder stand should last a lifetime and many of mine are over 20 years old now.

I dont leave my stands out many of mine are 30 years old or older.  ,but many people do.  

Integrity of stitching that holds the seat belt material together. Plus if you look the tether usually has belt overlapped and stitched along its length. When you get to the end the stitching is supposed to give which reduces the shock when your fall reaches the end of the tether length.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Integrity of stitching that holds the seat belt material together. Plus if you look the tether usually has belt overlapped and stitched along its length. When you get to the end the stitching is supposed to give which reduces the shock when your fall reaches the end of the tether length.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks like his did not pop as it is supposed to

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1