2nd outing with the Rock island 10mm 1911

I’ve put about 100 rounds of (180 grains xtreme copper washed bullets over 7.6 grains of power pistol )  down the barrel . As of now I had one failure to feed and lots and lots of looking for brass, sure does chuck them suckers. The gun has enough heft to make it very comfortable to shoot, the load i have it at now is still around 40 cal ballistics. Going to run 500 rounds at this load to break the gun in. Then I’m going to load it to take advantage of 10mm   velocities. I ordered 4 Metalform magazines for the gun and they have functioned flawlessly. I did find if I staged the trigger ( taking the slack out of it ) I did shoot better groups. So as of now very happy with the big rock. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Lay out a tarp when you shoot. Makes brass collection a breeze. 

We shot at the local club and they have a 3 stall pistol range, carpeted sides and screen over each stall. So the brass didn’t go far but it would scatter and bounce every which way . Problem is they used rough  cut lumber for the floor and yep brass would fall in the cracks. I’ve thought about taking down a tarp or old sheet, but there’s always other’s shooting when we’re there, and I don’t want to make a trip hazard . Oh well I suppose that’s half the fun of a semi’s , is picking up brass. 

• Like 1