Anyone use the jet sled?

Thinking about getting a jet sled. I am half as strong as I was when I was half my age and struggle to load deer into either my lifted jeep or back of my full size pick up, even with the 100 pounders that I typically get here on LI. I get it done, but keep looking for easier ways. I have a hitch mounted carrier that I've hauled a few with instead of hauling them into the back of the truck and that works, but I get the "looks" from other motorists that I could do without. Also, cleaning out the bed even though the jeep is rhino lined and the truck has a rubber mat is kind of a PITA. So was thinking the sled might help with dragging, loading, concealing, help hold ice for those early season hunts, and help facilitate clean up. So, want some 1st hand reviews from jet sled users. Last thing I need is another thing taking up space in my shed if it won't make life easier.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use one.  One area I hunt in gun season is very, very muddy and the jet sled makes it possible to drag a deer out fairly easily and keep the carcass clean.  It also makes it easier to get the deer in the back of my truck, lift the front of the sled to the gate, get down and lift up and slide in.  As you pointed out, it keeps things cleaner, you can also toss the heart, liver and other stuff into the sled for the drag out.

• Like 2

Or go with the “deer taco”
Find an old sign (mine was from Ashely Furniture) and attach a drag rope
To the head after “stitching” the taco around the deer. Weighs nothing and I carry it in my climber spokes.
I497c8ba07616a5ba2d7a0422e661dbf3.jpg&key=099d0ae108913151d7958d6d387a750c782782df5c56afa4b2174d6efc62a11f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would a Raymour & Flanagan banner work??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Or go with the “deer taco”Find an old sign (mine was from Ashely Furniture) and attach a drag rope

To the head after “stitching” the taco around the deer. Weighs nothing and I carry it in my climber spokes.

I497c8ba07616a5ba2d7a0422e661dbf3.jpg&key=099d0ae108913151d7958d6d387a750c782782df5c56afa4b2174d6efc62a11f

Is that deer a [mention=5805]wolc123[/mention] special? #Wolcd! 

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Is that deer a [mention=5805]wolc123[/mention] special? #Wolcd! #ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

#MeatFirst...that monster was taken from a property I hunt for a deer management program that wants all deer shot.
I think it is slightly older still than Wolc’s prime target.

I remember the deer taco posts from last year. There are commercial versions that sell for about $20, which I considered. I could/would then use a plank as a ramp to load into back of the vehicle. Based on the reviews I think the jet sled (the 54" long version) checks the desired boxes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Never used either method but a problem I could foresee with the sled or the taco is dragging on an uphill incline on slippery terrain like wet leaves or snow.  If you stop dragging the deer will start sliding back downhill.   Without a sled or taco you can get the deers hide to act as a brake and less chances of it sliding back downhill.  I've had a deer start sliding backwards without the sled or taco method on very slippery ground, but I do think the hide could at least help you out somewhat in a situation like that.

Never used either method but a problem I could foresee with the sled or the taco is dragging on an uphill incline on slippery terrain like wet leaves or snow.  If you stop dragging the deer will start sliding back downhill.   Without a sled or taco you can get the deers hide to act as a brake and less chances of it sliding back downhill.  I've had a deer start sliding backwards without the sled or taco method on very slippery ground, but I do think the hide could at least help you out somewhat in a situation like that.

Absolutely an issue but still enjoyed the majority of a drag resistant free and embraced the suck of hills

• Like 1