Anyone use the jet sled?

12 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

A Neighbor had this Sled on their front lawn with a " Free " sign so I grabbed it and will be taking it with me when we go Hunting this year .... should work !

Sled.jpg

Ratchet straps.  Don't forget those. 

• Like 2

A Neighbor had this Sled on their front lawn with a " Free " sign so I grabbed it and will be taking it with me when we go Hunting this year .... should work !
Sled.thumb.jpg.00eb596ba05ca19f2bb547a58afe7330.jpg
Maybe lengthen the rope add a better handle and reinforce where the rope attaches. That may void the warranty, but i don't think that'd matter.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cdbing said:

Maybe lengthen the rope add a better handle and reinforce where the rope attaches. That may void the warranty, but i don't think that'd matter. emoji3.png

I figure I'm going to run the drag rope through the four handles and drag from there , I think the small pull rope is probably useless and would rip through the plastic with too much weight !

I just bagged a large black bear in Maine on Tuesday. The outfitter uses a jet sled to drag bears out of the thick Maine woods and has used them for years. We dragged my bear out on one and I can't imagine how hard it would have been without one.       valoroutdoors.com 

image000000.jpg

• Like 4

I just bagged a large black bear in Maine on Tuesday. The outfitter uses a jet sled to drag bears out of the thick Maine woods and has used them for years. We dragged my bear out on one and I can't imagine how hard it would have been without one.       valoroutdoors.com 
image000000.thumb.jpg.acdf103b81ac93cdbd69adb586a79e73.jpg
Wow. Nice bear!

• 2 weeks later...

May try one . Carts suck, can’t fit a decent sized deer on one , balance point sucks ,unless you like dragging it hunched over ,the wheels blow , bog down in soft ground , forget about plowed ground , and it’s a struggle pulling it over logs . The only good thing is the walk to get its , a nice break from dragging ,then its a struggle all over again .

A Christmas tree cart with pneumatic tires may be the ticket . A rope , time and  stubbornness has worked for me for 40 some years ,although the time required has increased a bit .

B57E49A7-C2F1-4D84-8C37-C6F267C054E5.jpeg

88FF8CC7-D596-42CA-9D0D-F6CAE17C2738.jpeg

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

May try one . Carts suck, can’t fit a decent sized deer on one , balance point sucks ,unless you like dragging it hunched over ,the wheels blow , bog down in soft ground , forget about plowed ground , and it’s a struggle pulling it over logs . The only good thing is the walk to get its , a nice break from dragging ,then its a struggle all over again .

A Christmas tree cart with pneumatic tires may be the ticket . A rope , time and  stubbornness has worked for me for 40 some years ,although the time required has increased a bit .

B57E49A7-C2F1-4D84-8C37-C6F267C054E5.jpeg

88FF8CC7-D596-42CA-9D0D-F6CAE17C2738.jpeg

I always thought that a cart would work well for me where I hunt. Never gave consideration to the shortcomings you mentioned about the wheels. 

I figured cart for no snow, sled for snow. I am tired of dragging and having some “dirty” meat that I have to toss. Saw this as a possible answer. 

Glad little squirrel will be hunting with me. He’s gonna know the joys of the drag!

I always thought that a cart would work well for me where I hunt. Never gave consideration to the shortcomings you mentioned about the wheels. 
I figured cart for no snow, sled for snow. I am tired of dragging and having some “dirty” meat that I have to toss. Saw this as a possible answer. 
Glad little squirrel will be hunting with me. He’s gonna know the joys of the drag!

Even if you can't get the cart all the way to the deer most places I hunt I have a short drag to a logging road or good trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro