LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

25 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Nice!

My first deer was with a Hawken... and I haven't hunted with it since.  Maybe I'll break it out next year!

muzzeloader bb.jpeg

28 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Nice!

My first deer was with a Hawken... and I haven't hunted with it since.  Maybe I'll break it out next year!

muzzeloader bb.jpeg

Tacks...I see you have the 209 primer conversion on your Hawken.... I got one for mine a couple of years ago...A little slow to reload, and a chance of dropping it in the snow, but for sure sure your rifle will go BOOM when you trip the trigger...

My ex wife bought me my Hawken for my birthday in 1975 ( when you were four years old) and it has has accounted for all of my MZ deer ( perhaps 15-20) including my best ever buck, EXCEPT for the two does that I shot with Moog's beautiful  TC inline a couple of years ago...

• Like 3

Thanks guys ... she is in a better place . 
Kind of wish  I had gotten a muzzloader pistol . Would put more interest in hunting late season. 
If you can get your hands on one go for it......and like others on this site take the day every year and relax and reflect on the all the great memories you had with her.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Thinking about going out with muzzleloader  in the am .. need to get away for a bit ... lost my mother Friday.  Have spent the last 2 weeks running between work and sitting with her. Just burned out I guess.  Would love to get another deer .  

Sorry to hear this.. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Thinking about going out with muzzleloader  in the am .. need to get away for a bit ... lost my mother Friday.  Have spent the last 2 weeks running between work and sitting with her. Just burned out I guess.  Would love to get another deer .  

Condolences.   Prayers for you and family.  

• Thanks 1

That's awful, I'm so sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

Tacks...I see you have the 209 primer conversion on your Hawken.... I got one for mine a couple of years ago...A little slow to reload, and a chance of dropping it in the snow, but for sure sure your rifle will go BOOM when you trip the trigger...
My ex wife bought me my Hawken for my birthday in 1975 ( when you were four years old) and it has has accounted for all of my MZ deer ( perhaps 15-20) including my best ever buck, EXCEPT for the two does that I shot with Moog's beautiful  TC inline a couple of years ago...

Yes removing that thing is nerve wracking as I'm always doing it on a gas line with foot tall grass lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Sorry for your loss.  The quiet of the woods is a great place to let yourself relax for a minute.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

One name:   DUKE!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

You absolutely can not toss a cliffhanger out there like that. We need a follow up!!! NOW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. Did the Duke down another monster??? The Duke for president! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

Sorry for your loss NYtracker.

• Thanks 1

Very sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

DUKE !!!!!

Just free of his 14 day quarantine and still not 100%, Duke put the hammer down on another beauty.

Thanks to our guide, who may as well just shot the deer for him too ! Duke got put in the right spot at the right place at the right time.

Nothing can compare to great fellowship in the woods, mixed with a BBD !!

fc26dd2dc66b488ce5be2ff3fee1bf4c.jpg37b36ea7cb9df4fc509988a076dde0b4.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 36

9 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

DUKE !!!!!

Just free of his 14 day quarantine and still not 100%, Duke put the hammer down on another beauty.

Thanks to our guide, who may as well just shot the deer for him too ! Duke got put in the right spot at the right place at the right time.

OMG  That is a slammer!  I didnt know they made them that big!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

DUKE !!!!!

MASS!!!!! Horns and body.  Who's had a better hunt season than the Duke? 

Awesome.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic