LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

24 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I've been deer hunting since 1979 and sat thru some bitter cold days but I don't think I've ever needed anything close to these Herman Munster shoes that you are wearing.  LOL

Take time to thank the Maker for your good health and strong constitution, some are not as fortunate

Out for the last hour and now I have tag I can use just have to remember a lot less range in my field with the knight 50 cal Mz.  Love these late season sets. 
image.thumb.jpg.2c9cdccd3c203686229eee75d14c59f0.jpg
image.thumb.jpg.ba641d0a05959f5582cbc0d11ce5a0e4.jpg
Lomax if you get bored update the thread I started about box blinds.....I wanna know details on how big that thing is to be using a field pod in it. Looks awesome

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

@FletchI’ve dropped a few with my MZ Knight 50 cal Disc rifle at 100 + but not 175...yet?  I have some large does that I want to put good shot On and I can get closer.  

I got down and pulled my card out of one of my cameras and walked right up on two does at 15 yds.  No need to send a flyer.....yet? 

I  have some time off and should be able to get a good shot on one closer me hopes 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unit8R said:

Busted out the boot blankets today! Very cozy sit for 25, feels like 18

boot blankets.jpg

I picked up a pair of overboots similar to those last spring. I wore them a lot this deer season and love them. My feet always get cold when sitting and I've tried everything. I put a hand warmer on top of my boot in the overboot and I can sit for hours! They are a little tricky to put on in the stand so I put them on right before I climb up. I'll never go without them again on long sits. And as Turkeyfeathers said they are not easy to put on so buy them extra large. I think mine are sz15 and i wear a sz12 boot. Next if Santa is good to me I should be wearing a heated vest! Poor circulation really sucks in the cold weather!

• Like 2

I picked up a pair of overboots similar to those last spring. I wore them a lot this deer season and love them. My feet always get cold when sitting and I've tried everything. I put a hand warmer on top of my boot in the overboot and I can sit for hours! They are a little tricky to put on in the stand so I put them on right before I climb up. I'll never go without them again on long sits. And as Turkeyfeathers said they are not easy to put on so buy them extra large. I think mine are sz15 and i wear a sz12 boot. Next if Santa is good to me I should be wearing a heated vest! Poor circulation really sucks in the cold weather!
Taco....what type of boots do you wear under the boot blankets? So you put a heater on the outside of your boot?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Duke is bigger than[mention=2442]moog5050[/mention] ?! But how are you[mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention] so skinny and shrimpy?

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Not all of us are blessed with a physique like the Jerkman. I know if I work hard at it, maybe I could someday be half the man you are....

If you really want to know, I donated the size to my sister. She's very thankful ish

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[mention=481]Fletch[/mention]I’ve dropped a few with my MZ Knight 50 cal Disc rifle at 100 + but not 175...yet?  I have some large does that I want to put good shot On and I can get closer.  
I got down and pulled my card out of one of my cameras and walked right up on two does at 15 yds.  No need to send a flyer.....yet? 
 I  have some time off and should be able to get a good shot on one closer me hopes 

Get a smokeless conversion for a CVA 45/70. I use mine all during gun and occasionally take deer out to 300. Basically shooting a single shot rifle and it’s DEADLY. By far the most carnage I’ve ever seen a weapon unload on a deer. They don’t go far and leave plenty of blood unlike most of my buddies smoke poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Unit8R said:

Busted out the boot blankets today! Very cozy sit for 25, feels like 18

boot blankets.jpg

I picked up a pair of 2xl pia to slip over the muck boots but well worth it.

On the really cold days you can toss a few hand warmers in the boot slippers and your feet will be crazy warm.

• Like 2

I heard something scrape the leaves and bed down around 330. Well, I lightly grunted at the last ten minutes of light and whatever it was got up and was crunching around in the frozen leaves. It walked around till about 5:00 then I heard more footsteps, then running. Then a group of doe trotted by me in the dark. I got down and bumped whatever it was (a giant freaking buck!?!) On the other side of the hill where the initial sounds of steps came from. I'll be back in Thursday and Friday. Hopefully Thursdays east wind is true to it's forecast

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not all of us are blessed with a physique like the Jerkman. I know if I work hard at it, maybe I could someday be half the man you are....

If you really want to know, I donated the size to my sister. She's very thankful ish

Oh if it's my physique you are looking for just start eating pizza for breakfast and goldfish and beer. You'll have a professional beer belly in no time flat! Cheese it's are also a fantastic snack for such a body

#WeDemandADislikeButton

22 minutes ago, TheHornHunter said:

Get a smokeless conversion for a CVA 45/70. I use mine all during gun and occasionally take deer out to 300. Basically shooting a single shot rifle and it’s DEADLY. By far the most carnage I’ve ever seen a weapon unload on a deer. They don’t go far and leave plenty of blood unlike most of my buddies smoke poles.

Where did you get the smokeless conversion done?

Oh if it's my physique you are looking for just start eating pizza for breakfast and goldfish and beer. You'll have a professional beer belly in no time flat! Cheese it's are also a fantastic snack for such a body

#WeDemandADislikeButton

If u only knew my diet....

The wind is just steady enough to shake some stubborn dry leaves in the trees; plus all the chickadees organizing themselves for the impending snow has me twitchier than Henry Hill trying to get Lois off to the airport as his brother stirs the sauce.
3S bow only-37 with 10 mph from the NW. let’s see if a doe and her fawns will circle back or if a local 10 or 8 is looking for a “last dance”

Stay away from my bucks! They’ll be 14’s and 16’s next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic