LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

14 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Taco....what type of boots do you wear under the boot blankets? So you put a heater on the outside of your boot?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've worn my rubber boots but I find they work better with a light pair of hunting boots. The problem is hunting in 9F there is a lot of wet areas and you need rubber boots. Yes, I place a hand warmer on top of my boot above my toes while inside of the outer boot.

These are the boots I bought

https://www.amazon.com/ArcticShield-523000-804-060-18-Insulators-2X-Large-Realtree/dp/B07FP5G8H7/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_eb-BRB2EiwAGBnXXuHvwIxnavQi7_NM

Shot my best buck right before a storm and could hardly see on the way home .  Hoping to repeat that this aftenoon.  Thinking they should be out on the feed.  No way I was sitting in this am cold. Looking forward to pulling cams in that spot that have been there since Halloween just to check them out. 

I would have rather sat this afternoon but have a 4pm meeting hence the am sit. Prove our theory and smoke one this evening!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I would have rather sat this afternoon but have a 4pm meeting hence the am sit. Prove our theory and smoke one this evening!!

Thanks, Gonna give it a go.  I moved my Thursday off cause of the storm to Monday so also have a three day weekend before I am done. 

I'm jealous of guys with enclosures and heaters for morns like these.  

Hoping to get out of work by 1:00pm and sit for a while. I remember in 2009 there was a big snow storm the first Saturday of PA rifle season. The snow starting falling at noon and we got 8-10 inches. I shot a doe that morning at 7:30pm and a buck at 11:00am, and saw 6 other doe-and that was on a stand in the woods, not watching a food plot or crop field. I'm a believer in more deer activity right before a storm.

1 hour ago, Chromeslayer said:

When ya pull the trigger on that cannon bad things happen to the receiving end lol.. the scout conversions are great woods/carry guns

That's and understatement... With those you definitely need to be particular about shot placement, if you want to conserve meat... The encore conversions are nice as well and would probably serve 95% of the muzzle loading public.  I think I will be doing an encore conversion for my father to use next season since he's kinda hooked on my bolt gun.

Busy morning, Plows on the truck, snowblower is on the tractor and it’s full of fuel with the fluids checked/topped off. Sleds are gassed up, checked over and put front row in the barn. Wood bin is full here and at moms. Ready as I’ll ever be.

Got the heavy clothes out and the Baffin boots, I’m headed to the woods!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Your kid will be the first to draw blood with it too. 

I drew blood on red fox a few weeks ago. pay attention! If i can hit a red fox with bow at 33 yards, that puts me in the top 1% of all bow shooters on this forum after all the mishits we've seen on deer with huge kill zones.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I drew blood on red fox a few weeks ago. pay attention! If i can hit a red fox with bow at 33 yards, that puts me in the top 1% of all bow shooters on this forum after all the mishits we've seen on deer with huge kill zones.

I don't think anyone can argue with that logic Biz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where is the hero pics !!??

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic