LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Tip,of the camo hat to all who made it out this AM, not this fella . Perhaps tomorrow afternoon as they always move after the storm .

With luck my new sweatshirt will arrive by then .

27FFE207-E2A9-4ECD-A8DC-248ECDAEC6DF.jpeg

My GF asked what I wanted for Xmas and I showed her this. Lol.  She said ok as long as she makes one of the 3.  Lol.  And one of the people is my dog so she just made it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

My GF asked what I wanted for Xmas and I showed her this. Lol.  She said ok as long as she makes one of the 3.  Lol.  And one of the people is my dog so she just made it.  

I sent for two, one for the landowner, but apparently I didn’t complete the transaction, as I never got confirmation or a CC charge . I was telling Mrs Nomad this when she said ,I was in luck as she bought me one which is in route !

For that I told her she was now at #4 but trending upwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

your 2019 buck at 7 yards?
Oh he is lost unfortunately for good. I don't attempt to hide the fact I lost that deer. Not proud of losing it but unfortunately it happens

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Big brother missed a doe last night clean. Said his gun must be off. He got called into work so I went over and grabbed his gun to check it for him before I head out. 3e5c1908a499c03bca75fe0ddf320a94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha,that excuse was bogus. You got his number.

Go get em fellas,i want to see some harvest pics. I am considering going out again this weekend and shoot a doe for the venison donation program. It will be a long wait until bow season,so i might have to make the most of this gun season.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Busy morning, Plows on the truck, snowblower is on the tractor and it’s full of fuel with the fluids checked/topped off. Sleds are gassed up, checked over and put front row in the barn. Wood bin is full here and at moms. Ready as I’ll ever be.

Got the heavy clothes out and the Baffin boots, I’m headed to the woods!

Wow, Baffin Boots...you don't hear that brandname much anymore!  Too bad, they are one of the best boots ever!!!

• Like 2

I drew blood on red fox a few weeks ago. pay attention! If i can hit a red fox with bow at 33 yards, that puts me in the top 1% of all bow shooters on this forum after all the mishits we've seen on deer with huge kill zones.

This is the first time I’ve saw someone bragging about wounding a critter.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I drew blood on red fox a few weeks ago. pay attention! If i can hit a red fox with bow at 33 yards, that puts me in the top 1% of all bow shooters on this forum after all the mishits we've seen on deer with huge kill zones.

The top one percent would have a dead fox to show for their effort

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When it’s real cold it’s not time to F**k around with cold feet. I’ve got a few other guys on here wearing Baffins now too.

Ive got a great pair of heavy Sorel pac boots that have held up well since the early 90s. When they wear out Ill get the Baffins, ive heard great things

Oh he is lost unfortunately for good. I don't attempt to hide the fact I lost that deer. Not proud of losing it but unfortunately it happens

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Welcome to the top 2%

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When it’s real cold it’s not time to F**k around with cold feet. I’ve got a few other guys on here wearing Baffins now too.

We used to sell them in our store for years, they were the best selling boots we had...super warm and dependable!

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The top one percent would have a dead fox to show for their effort

No way. How many bow deer on the forum this year shot outside of an 8" pie plate? then how many we didn't even hear about that members kept a secret? Miss a red fox by 8" and you get no blood. Miss a deer by 8" and you still hit something. I honestly think if the forum members had to take a proficiency exam to bow hunt, at least 30% of them would not be allowed. maybe much higher.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

5f5f052ccb076a0f6ac6024298ec3327.jpg&key=dbbb36a221e3ccac04e1f11def12b3b9838c371001b29afeb60c82d785953589

1:30 early dismissal from school means I can hit the woods for the last hour and prove this clown wrong!!!

I’m starting to think he might be right.... and dam
is it cold

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I'll have a pair of Baffin boots before next deer season. Just keep hearing how good, and warm they are.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'll have a pair of Baffin boots before next deer season. Just keep hearing how good, and warm they are.

Mine are the titan rubber model.   They are about 2" bigger when comparing the footprint to my mucks (same size 14) but they feel even bigger.  Might just be because of the removeable insert which is very warm and soft.  So it feels a bit like you are walk on a mattress.  If its really cold though, I have not found a warmer boot.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

I know moog uses Baffin boots too. Is there a model of them that you guys prefer for very cool weather, that are not too clunky for walking to and from stands?

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No way. How many bow deer on the forum this year shot outside of an 8" pie plate? then how many we didn't even hear about that members kept a secret? Miss a red fox by 8" and you get no blood. Miss a deer by 8" and you still hit something.

Once again, irrefutable proof of your bowhunting prowess!  Love it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

I know moog uses Baffin boots too. Is there a model of them that you guys prefer for very cool weather, that are not too clunky for walking to and from stands?

The titans were cheap post season (like $60 on ebay for 50% off) and will do the job Dave.  I wouldn't want to walk miles in them but to a stand or blind, they are fine.  Wait until January and you will find them on a major discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic