LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

13 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

You're pointing a pretty sharp stick at "a lot of the people on this forum" with that statement. 

I know you like to bust my balls about the heart & lungs left in the chest cavity and the ham shot.  Oh and the mathematical error I made in the 8th inch measurements on my buck last year for your "Quest For 1000".   That's OK, perfection is something I haven't perfected yet, LOL.

I'm sure when you finally kill a good buck it'll all go as scripted in 2nd grade. :)

And here I thought any buck was a “Good Buck” in your eyes?

Well I hunted all morning, had 5 big gobblers come in to 30 yds, never spotted me either which was surprising! Sat for 1.5 hrs then walked around a bunch of areas, didn't see a single track fresher than 6+ hours old. A bunch of fox and yote tracks though. Stopped at my other property on the way home and did a quick walk looking for fresh tracks also as I've had 4-5 bucks chasing does around this spot the last 2 nights, looks like they all head over onto the neighbors so I couldn't follow any further. Might go out on Tuesday for the last day. Nice morning in the fresh snow at least!

And some of you need Santa to bring you a better attitude!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay heres the deal, 30" fell at camp , called agway and thats what they say fell last night. I already took off for ML starting tomorrow till end of ML. Am I crazy for traveling 3.5 hrs to camp, then need to dig tractor out of the barn,  then plow out a couple hundred ft of driveway with tractor. What would you do? I really want to go.

Edited by NYBowhunter
  • Like 1

Just now, NYBowhunter said:

Okay heres the deal, 30" fell at camp , called agway and thats what they say fell last night. I already took off for ML starting tomorrow till end of ML. Am I crazy for traveling 3.5 hrs to camp, then need to dig tractor out of the barn,  then plow out a couple 100 ft of driveway with tractor. What would you do? I really want to go.

Whats the worst case scenario? You relax in front of a fire in peace and quiet? Maybe a beverage or two?

• Like 2

Okay heres the deal, 30" fell at camp , called agway and thats what they say fell last night. I already took off for ML starting tomorrow till end of ML. Am I crazy for traveling 3.5 hrs to camp, then need to dig tractor out of the barn,  then plow out a couple hundred ft of driveway with tractor. What would you do? I really want to go.

Where is camp? We had 40" to 42" fall here and we are buried. Plows aren't coming through and 17/86 only has one lane open and they are rescuing stranded tractor trailers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

9403629829cb1a570d4f9a86cfd05047.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last night I hunted the same spot that I nicked the doe 9H, and on the walk in I came across fresher tracks , so I went in feeling pretty good about this area.  I saw nothing.  It started snowing pretty good while I was there but noting moved through.  I had about 3 inches of snow on me when I left.

Working today and tomorrow, the back at it for the last four days of the season.  I think ill need one more in the freezer to get me through till next October.  Good luck to all going out there today!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

30 inches is a lot of snow to hike through but if you know the area well you may already know where the deer should be and if they can be gotten to. Also Sat temps going up high 30s here so if your south more 40s that will compact the snow a lot.

13 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Would depend if I already killed a deer or not.  If I did I surely wouldn't fight 30" of snow.  Even if I didn't kill one fighting 30" of snow might not be worth it.  All it will be for you when you get up there is LOTS of work before you can even think about the hunting part.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

30 inches is a lot of snow to hike through but if you know the area well you may already know where the deer should be and if they can be gotten to. Also Sat temps going up high 30s here so if your south more 40s that will compact the snow a lot.

Yeah dont need too far to get to the stand i want to hunt, drop into a ditch cross the stream come up on other side of ditch (little steep) and I'm there. My area will be in 20s and 30s till end of ML with a low of 5 Friday night.

23 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Whats your other option? Go to work? Blah 

15 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Where is camp? We had 40" to 42" fall here and we are buried. Plows aren't coming through and 17/86 only has one lane open and they are rescuing stranded tractor trailers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

9403629829cb1a570d4f9a86cfd05047.jpg

4F where Otsego and Deleware counties meet. 

• Like 1

Crept into the woods and pushed a big doe about thirty yds then she stopped. So did I. About five minutes later a big ass buck followed her. They walked about 100 yds then I saw them again walking off. I got in my tree nice n quiet. Fresh tracks all around in the snow and urine. Hopefully they come back!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Crept into the woods and pushed a big doe about thirty yds then she stopped. So did I. About five minutes later a big ass buck followed her. They walked about 100 yds then I saw them again walking off. I got in my tree nice n quiet. Fresh tracks all around in the snow and urine. Hopefully they come back!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

30 yards? Why didn't you cap his ass!!??

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic