LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, Lomax said:

Got it done with the smoke pole couldn’t be happier I think he’s going back duckhunting tomorrow now he says shoot dux in the morning and bux in afternoon 

C7075953-7CE5-4FB7-BEB9-9DE3364B93EC.jpeg

Congrats to the kid.. IMHO, the  ducks taste better than the deer, are MUCH more fun to hunt,  easier to carry home and  the decoys are much lighter...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Congrats to the kid.. IMHO, the  ducks taste better than the deer, are MUCH more fun to hunt,  easier to carry home and  the decoys are much lighter...

I dunno.....diver ducks are gross, bow hunting is great in 40-50 degree weather with the rut, and who needs a deer decoy!

• Like 1

"Bow on the ground" from one of those folding tents that every swinging dicks on TV uses?   OK............

Folding chair, not blind. If you need a blind you’re texting too much. Please PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Thanks Pygmy he’s exhausted he’s been going for Ducks this past week from 3:30 every morning.  He’s been hunting each day till about mid day sometimes a little after then working then going and picking up the kids and his wife is about ready to divorce him no just kidding.  Today I called him on the way home from work and he told me he’s out of bullets and can’t find any anywhere’s so I told him to stop out because I had a couple boxes.   He got out to the house at around 330 and we decided to go sit out at the Buckform As soon as we got out there deer were in the field and more were coming in.   We saw a group of bux along the hillside chasing a doe they chased her across the field and towards the other end.  We thought about getting down and trying to make it to the first blind in my field and started to do that when they came back chasing her back down our way we were out on the steps then so Eric stood on the middle platform and she ran up past us he stopped at about 60 yards 2 other bucks were behind him and coming quick and Eric fired.  Lots of smoke and the buck ran ran a little ways across the field not far and collapsed.   I said holy crap you got him.  He was all smiles Pygmy, I couldn’t be more proud of him kid works his butt off.  He told me he was going again in the morning .....to be young again

happy holidays 

• Like 11

Up at 5:30.... took dogs out ... it was cold... had to help miss ellie out of the snow  in my crocks .  Checked thermometer  on the way passed...  -6.  Not hunting  in this . No way to get to the stand without sweating my arse off then sit in negative numbers.

Edited by Nytracker

17 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'll probably break out the snow shoes for an afternoon sit in the blind.  More curious about what the deer are doing than anything.  My guess is they evacuated the top of the hill and headed to the valleys.  God help me if I shoot one because I don't think there's a working sled up there.

It would be interesting to know where they hang out. The valleys are colder than the hills though...

Here on the SE corner of wmu 9F, the deer hunting weather is the best I have seen all season.  There is an inch of powdery snow on the ground, the temperature is 30 degrees, and there is a 5 mph South wind.

I am in my most comfortable stand at this location.  Only problem is I left my Stanley cider thermos up at my in-laws in Adk's last weekend.  I had to swipe my daughters fancy insulated water bottle.

This office chair that I garbage picked a couple weeks ago is wonderful.  It is going to be tough staying awake until noon, but at least the squirrels are keeping me company.  I have tags for antlered and antlerless and still room for at least one more in the freezer.

There are deer tracks all around, but my folks have not been seeing much until the last hour before dusk.  I will move to my uncomfortable hang-on stand for the last couple hours, after lunch with them. That overlooks a clover plot where they have been seeing a few deer come out, almost every evening.

20201219_080530.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic