LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

13 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Here on the SE corner of wmu 9F, the deer hunting weather is the best I have seen all season.  There is an inch of powdery snow on the ground, the temperature is 30 degrees, and there is a 5 mph South wind.

I am in my most comfortable stand at this location.  Only problem is I left my Stanley cider thermos up at my in-laws in Adk's last weekend.  I had to swipe my daughters fancy insulated water bottle.

This office chair that I garbage picked a couple weeks ago is wonderful.  It is going to be tough staying awake until noon, but at least the squirrels are keeping me company.  I have tags for antlered and antlerless and still room for at least one more in the freezer.

There are deer tracks all around, but my folks have not been seeing much until the last hour before dusk.  I will move to my uncomfortable hang-on stand for the last couple hours, after lunch with them. That overlooks a clover plot where they have been seeing a few deer come out, almost every evening.

20201219_080530.jpg

Nice omega 

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Saw it’s tail coming out of it bed, no shot. Problem is it’s too cold and I don’t have enough clothes on to give it my customary half hour before continuing on.4f3de2b520e5b41e7d3c057fcbcbaead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it moving all day and someone might get a shot at it.  Besides, you are getting a good workout and don't need to pay for a gym membership.

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Keep it moving all day and someone might get a shot at it.  Besides, you are getting a good workout and don't need to pay for a gym membership.

My gym costs me $30 month ,and I get to hang out with and talk to hot women in skimpy skin tight “ clothes .” Sometimes I even workout . 
Last week I was doing DL and this tall gal on the next platform asked if I’d watch her squat and tell her how her form looked .No lie .

Her chest was going to far forward and her ass needed to go back more .

• Haha 6

My gym costs me $30 month ,and I get to hang out with and talk to hot women in skimpy skin tight “ clothes .” Sometimes I even workout . 
Last week I was doing DL and this tall gal on the next platform asked if I’d watch her squat and tell her how her form looked .No lie .
Her chest was going to far forward and her ass needed to go back more .

Yea but did you get to eat it after?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The end of the season snowy day hunting used to be better, here at my folks place, before a new neighbor moved in and cut off all the trespassing from an adjacent trailer park.  Those aborigins (my word for folks that I don't know) would get on tracks in the snow and keep the deer bouncing around like pinballs.

I have yet to see another hunter, anyplace that I have hunted yet this season, starting with early ML in mid-October, up in the Adirondacks.

It would be interesting to know where they hang out. The valleys are colder than the hills though...

When tracking my doe the other night the beds were all on the hillside which makes me wonder how to best hunt them if doing a midday/evening. I assume they are sitting there now...so where are they going to move to feed around 3:00?!?

We did it.  Spotted a deer off the road on the piece I scouted yesterday.  So se jumped in.  I sent enigma down to where they like to escape to and right towards the end of the little push I was doing up jumped what I thought was a doe and fawn.  Yelled to enigma they were coming and boom.  Ended up being a spike and small doe..  The spike got to take a ride in my truck.  I wont put enigmas face in the picture didnt ask his permission.  But he got a buck down on stateland late season.

20201219_121231.jpg

20201219_121201.jpg

• Like 36

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Saw it’s tail coming out of it bed, no shot. Problem is it’s too cold and I don’t have enough clothes on to give it my customary half hour before continuing on.4f3de2b520e5b41e7d3c057fcbcbaead.jpg

That's all I did was get on there trails and walk them until I jumped them up.

• Like 1

Way to go guys!! Buckmaster that is some shooting when all that is sticking outa the snow is their ears its so deep lol!! Hope your not too far in!

I can not see myself not getting back in the woods the next 3.5 days!! I might just have to......

I took a hike out back to hang a cam over the gut pile from last night and there are tracks from last night all over.

Edited by Fletch

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic