LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

With the season winding down and tomorrow being iffy I went out for an afternoon sit until dark. I figured with tracks all over the driveway I might get lucky and catch one in the woods.

Turkeys were going crazy all afternoon and saw a nice red fox. Had two doe come in five minutes before dark but neither provided a decent shot and one was real small. Not sure I will make it out tomorrow but if I don't it was a good way to end the season.

IMG_20201221_084309[1].jpg

IMG_20201221_150749[1].jpg

IMG_20201221_154918[1].jpg

IMG_20201221_154943[1].jpg

Sipping a whisky, soon to bed. Have tomorrow off for the final day of ML in my region. Think I’ll hit state in Tully for the am. Plan to hit behind the house for last watch with my boy. Don’t need another deer but if one wants to fall on the sword!! I told the boy he shoots one I’ll sent 30 pounds north for sticks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Headed out in a few min after I down another cup of coffee. It’s been a long frustrating season, but I’ll miss not going out and sitting in the stand hoping that could be my day!

I’ll be blowing the dust off the predator hunting stuff soon and give that another try this season.

• Like 1

I’m up and local. Archery only but trail cams say different with the interlopers carrying guns since opening day of gun.  Don’t expect to see anything but still have tags and last morning so here I am. Slight drizzle.  Good luck everyone who’s going out. Send it ! 

58F94C08-F9CA-468B-8C02-3F38EA56D3D9.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 11

It's tradition for me to hunt at least a few hours on the last day. Hunting a local spot this morning. Had a doe under my stand on the way in she didn't slowly trotted off maybe she'll come back early so i can get out of this rain lol

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Out for a bit this morning with my brothers then off to cut some ash trees for our rink light poles.  Good luck!

(last year a deer ran across our rink and punctured our liner...hopefully we put a dent in our herd to prevent another ruptured liner!)

2D0090A3-D77C-42D0-89CF-67E26C822EC8.jpeg

I call driving the Zamboni ! Good luck out there 

Change of plans. Public land parking spots haven't been plowed and no way this 2wd Dakota is making in or out of there. So I'm in a stand on private. Probably for the best anyway, the 200 yard walk to this stand was horrific in this snow. There's just no way I can sit at home on the last day while I still have tags. Freezer is full so it's a decent buck or nothing for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Out for a bit this morning with my brothers then off to cut some ash trees for our rink light poles.  Good luck!
(last year a deer ran across our rink and punctured our liner...hopefully we put a dent in our herd to prevent another ruptured liner!)
2D0090A3-D77C-42D0-89CF-67E26C822EC8.thumb.jpeg.53842fe536a9451297a3e36e8861326c.jpeg

Love pond hockey! Enjoy!

• Like 2

Boy has my gun season stunk, between the process of moving the last few weeks and hurting my damn back all last week I’ve had little time. I was planning on one last hunt today but the other day I had a toothache that hasn’t gone away and realizing Xmas is this weekend and I didn’t want it to get worse  I finally called the dentist, of course they can squeeze me in at 4:20 today. Grrr

3 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Headed out in a few min after I down another cup of coffee. It’s been a long frustrating season, but I’ll miss not going out and sitting in the stand hoping that could be my day!

I’ll be blowing the dust off the predator hunting stuff soon and give that another try this season.

I think you are in the running for most dedicated hunter of the year award. 

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic