LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Just now, Chef said:

Me too, honestly there is a good shop close to Methodist... best thing to do is we go in before we fish and buy what’s hitting then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a guy that makes amazing flies and he said he would make me like 100+ flies for 100 bucks. He donates the money to cancer research 

• Like 1

Hell yea man. And like Tommy I’m down to throw in on what ever we need... I’m guessing this is the same river that you fish for smallies on the fly rod ?

Count me in on a third. I'll even fetch if it comes down to it

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

If you were a late season buck wouldn’t you walk right out of that heavy shit for a sniff around looking for some late season tails?!?

94c0f9602c3e9bf3935a8a5c01394dc3.jpg&key=e13f16c5746af1f30757918fc8b4c086621120bd56c355ea0fe254784aa90441

Only if you're there.. because with your weak ass draw weight I know I'd be safe

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Ive got the decoys so you don't have to worry about that. If you want to buy some, thats up to you, but if you dont want to, its ok. Just get the required licensing, a shotgun, steel shot and waders. Its good early in the season, but even better towards the end of deer season in december 

One of them should buy you a boat and you can go after an eider!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, ATbuckhunter said:

First duck hunt since October and I got this mallard x black duck hybrid. Got to my spot late because the check in system doesn’t start till 45 min before shooting time, so by the time I got down there, there were two ducks already at the blind.
I shot one, but I only loaded one shell so the other one got away. Didn’t see a single duck till I left and went to scour a few small public ponds. 2 were pretty much dried up, but the third had about 8-12 black ducks in them. I could have snuck around and maybe got a shot, but I left my waders at the car so I decided to call it a day. I’ll be back out next week. Probably to this pond I just found.

IMG_2710.jpgIMG_2708.jpg

Southaven?

If you were a late season buck wouldn’t you walk right out of that heavy shit for a sniff around looking for some late season tails?!?

94c0f9602c3e9bf3935a8a5c01394dc3.jpg&key=e13f16c5746af1f30757918fc8b4c086621120bd56c355ea0fe254784aa90441

That looks like an obvious doe only spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did some post season scouting yesterday on the new property I hunted. Got a much better feel for some of the sections. Subscribed to On-X to help me get a better plan for next year too and found some more treestands I didn't know about. Brought the .22 in case some fuzzy tails showed up and almost got a shot at a rabbit but he was not in the mood for becoming dinner. Even though it had only been a 10 days, it felt good to get back in the woods again. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Nomad said:

Nephew in Tenn. took his son and sons friend duck hunting. , knocked some down .

EA6D3ECB-C38B-472E-A700-CF3EDAAD4339.jpeg

E3442B74-83A9-4019-B477-80F68044DBD7.png

Good for them, but this is the part I don't understand about migratory waterfowl regulations.  Why is is that the limit on birds is 2 in upstate NY, but the same birds can fly south and the limit is 10 per man?

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic