LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Back at it 3S...35degress and pretty mild considering the predicted 10-16mph winds. Only 1 enemy to overcome today

baeef7a8ab1635685d2a7365e4fad1f1.jpg&key=66fe9f9a470dbfcd1e7ff4fbe42faf1466a1563dc32231de9ff7e09be5c0c2b9

Bright as day walking in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still chilly. Currently rocking some kuiu long johns and kuiu base shirt thing and some amazing darn tough socks I got for Xmas. Making a world of difference. I'm just a sissy when it comes to cold. And true still relatively mild far as wind is concerned

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Nice morning to shoot a Buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gonna start gathering up all my 12 Ga. Buck Shot and hit the woods for Coyote , saw a couple during Deer Season but didn't want to ruin the Deer hunting !
When I'm deer hunting and a coyote comes in its no longer deer season its coyote season. Lol just have to remove it so they aren't too bothered.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, crappyice said:

New patch of woods for me in 3S. Reports of a good buck back here and some chasing earlier today witnessed by another guy in the program.
51dfa51cab3df915051aa042a539fd3b.jpg

Beautiful spot. You say in the program? Is that the somers land trust program? 

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Never heard of that (until now !). The deer management program I am in had access to ward pound , Muscoot , hilltop Hanover , Ladon

Ohh that's the Westchester county parks one right? A few guys I know are in that one I believe. 

817f7a9249e4ad228da27e035b33e20e.jpg

What was I thinking!!!!!
I did see a doe and two fawns but they wouldn’t cross the creek (different creek than the bridge post!) to visit closer than 75 yards away. After legal I took a little walk back where they were hung up and found the tree I should have been in if had done prior homework.
Oh well..,,has she sung?!?

817f7a9249e4ad228da27e035b33e20e.jpg&key=3223d49a70a307886d03cd1a53edc00a627db10cc5967530ef06820c8145f492

What was I thinking!!!!!
I did see a doe and two fawns but they wouldn’t cross the creek (different creek than the bridge post!) to visit closer than 75 yards away. After legal I took a little walk back where they were hung up and found the tree I should have been in if had done prior homework.
Oh well..,,has she sung?!?

There’s always tomorrow or Thursday!

I actually wish that were true! The reality is far more disappointing with all them bucks running around your private parcel.

Parcels (not parcel). Can’t shoot the 130’s if you want 170’s. Ask Jeffrey

Well kids I’ll give it a final go, a last hoorah, the bottom of the 9th, the Hail Mary, the final countdown and my favorite from my father and our party boat trips...the whistle fish!

Enough of the full moon is gone so Ma Nature decided to make it rainy and warm...yeah warm (46 rising to 50!!!).

Taking my time getting in this morning and only have till about 10 or so (gotta get the short ribs on for the Eve’s dinner!). No rush, no expectation, no problem!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Taking my time getting in this morning and only have till about 10 or so (gotta get the short ribs on for the Eve’s dinner!). No rush, no expectation, no problem!

Ha ! Thanks didn’t realize it was  New Years Eve . 

Well kids I’ll give it a final go, a last hoorah, the bottom of the 9th, the Hail Mary, the final countdown and my favorite from my father and our party boat trips...the whistle fish!

Enough of the full moon is gone so Ma Nature decided to make it rainy and warm...yeah warm (46 rising to 50!!!).

Til the whistle blows! Good luck!

And so the whistle fish was captured...thanks dad!

Truly blessed to have a great meaty “11” pointer right down the road from Bizzy’s Un-hunted hole!!!

692a85ece105c46588e11602e1bddcdd.jpg

Apologies to Chef...the heart I promised him took this one a little roughly

029e635ad41eb4eb8c32e783e6582f5e.jpg

After making a few less than stellar shots it feels great to close the books on 2002 with a Mew Years Eve deer.

• Like 25

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic