LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

And so the whistle fish was captured...thanks dad!

Truly blessed to have a great meaty “11” pointer right down the road from Bizzy’s Un-hunted hole!!!

692a85ece105c46588e11602e1bddcdd.jpg

Apologies to Chef...the heart I promised him took this one a little roughly

029e635ad41eb4eb8c32e783e6582f5e.jpg

After making a few less than stellar shots it feels great to close the books on 2002 with a Mew Years Eve deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE!!  Great shot too! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Truly blessed to have a great meaty “11” pointer right down the road from Bizzy’s Un-hunted hole!!!

After making a few less than stellar shots it feels great to close the books on 2002 with a Mew Years Eve deer.

Awesome!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Congrats, you earned it! I can confirm that is NOT the spike I saw twice down the road. So my "herd" lives on! Or are you going back for the PM hunt?

A 12/31 Public Land buck pushes you past @The Jerkman for SENY Hunter of the Year in 2020.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

Congrats, you earned it! I can confirm that is NOT the spike I saw twice down the road. So my "herd" lives on! Or are you going back for the PM hunt?

A 12/31 Public Land buck pushes you past [mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention] for SENY Hunter of the Year in 2020.

Not public land. Part of a PRIVATE program. Ergo not public land.. I still stand as SENY TROPHY Hunter of the Year in 2020.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not public land. Part of a PRIVATE program. Ergo not public land.. I still stand as SENY TROPHY Hunter of the Year in 2020.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

anyone can join the program. can anyone hunt your spot? lol

• Like 1

692a85ece105c46588e11602e1bddcdd.jpg&key=91c9b816157aa9c44125b62eb1c820e3fc840f5aabca1a80ba98eb2534a79d11

029e635ad41eb4eb8c32e783e6582f5e.jpg&key=be12f867843fd47f3f0c2a342cce662245fdadc9a362315c40e224bc978b345d

Congrats and great shot!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

Is this the most deer you've ever taken in a season?  I know not the biggest bucks for you but damn gotta be up there for "making meat" as you say.  

Is this the most deer you've ever taken in a season?  I know not the biggest bucks for you but damn gotta be up there for "making meat" as you say.  

It is. The best buck I saw “in range” was on October 17 - I just shot a second doe and was lowering my bow when he came in. I wasn’t sold that he was the right buck for that property and while a triple would be insane, it would be, well, insane!
I did see a few more bucks at my buddy’s place but they were either out of range or young.
Today’s spike came from that forest management program (aka-remove all deer so the forest can grow) so all deer must go.
Really looking forward to making more sausage and salami; more of my family is enjoying venison so the demand is growing and I just enjoy introducing non-hunters venison.

• Like 3

Decided to sleep instead of wait up for new years so I can go out to a new spot I scouted last week. Got there on time decoys put out and set up about 30 min before shooting light. The bottom of the pond was kind of sticky and the pond was starting to get pretty iced over, but I saw birds there when I scouted so I was optimistic. about 10 min before shooting time, I was thinking it could be any minute I see or hear a duck. Maybe 5 seconds after I hear a quack and hear them landing. They were maybe 10 yards to the left of my decoys, but I didnt shoot. Not going to risk getting in trouble for a couple ducks, so I watched all 10 fly away after they figured it out. Just at shooting time I see a couple ducks start coming in to land to my left. I gave a couple quacks and the turned and came in. I took the first shot I had when they came over head. First shot folded the first bird, but I missed the other duck. Looked like the other was a mallard drake but I really dont know. The one I got was a Black duck drake, so maybe I was just seeing things. A little bit later I saw a couple ducks coming right in to my decoys from down the marsh and they landed perfectly in my decoys. Now I pulled up to shoot before they landed, my gun didnt fire. I must have flicked the magazine shut off, and I guess that stops me from shooting becuase all I heard was a click. The good thing was I never got up so I was still very hidden in the grass, and I was able to rack a new shell and take the shot. So By 6:50 I had my black duck limit for the day. I stayed till 8, but only had black ducks come in and no mallards. I have horrible luck with mallards for some odd reason, but I cant complain with the two ducks I got. All in all I must have seen about 20-30 black ducks for the morning. Considering going tomorrow too, but Im not sure just yet. My waterfowl goal next year is to get finally get a mallard. 

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Edited by ATbuckhunter
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Decided to sleep instead of wait up for new years so I can go out to a new spot I scouted last week. Got there on time decoys put out and set up about 30 min before shooting light. The bottom of the pond was kind of sticky and the pond was starting to get pretty iced over, but I saw birds there when I scouted so I was optimistic. about 10 min before shooting time, I was thinking it could be any minute I see or hear a duck. Maybe 5 seconds after I hear a quack and hear them landing. They were maybe 10 yards to the left of my decoys, but I didnt shoot. Not going to risk getting in trouble for a couple ducks, so I watched all 10 fly away after they figured it out. Just at shooting time I see a couple ducks start coming in to land to my left. I gave a couple quacks and the turned and came in. I took the first shot I had when they came over head. First shot folded the first bird, but I missed the other duck. Looked like the other was a mallard drake but I really dont know. The one I got was a Black duck drake, so maybe I was just seeing things. A little bit later I saw a couple ducks coming right in to my decoys from down the marsh and they landed perfectly in my decoys. Now I pulled up to shoot before they landed, my gun didnt fire. I must have flicked the magazine shut off, and I guess that stops me from shooting becuase all I heard was a click. The good thing was I never got up so I was still very hidden in the grass, and I was able to rack a new shell and take the shot. So By 6:50 I had my black duck limit for the day. I stayed till 8, but only had black ducks come in and no mallards. I have horrible luck with mallards for some odd reason, but I cant complain with the two ducks I got. All in all I must have seen about 20-30 black ducks for the morning. Considering going tomorrow too, but Im not sure just yet. My waterfowl goal next year is to get finally get a mallard. 

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Congrats! Black ducks are supposedly very tasty.  Let us know. This is out in Long Island? 

• Like 1

Flushed a couple birds but couldn't get a shot off.  However we did find a mama bear and baby bear tracks in the snow.  Looked like they were only a couple days old.  Second picture is the stride of the bigger bear.   In the deeper snow you could see their back paw print really well.

20210101_132841.jpg

20210101_132903.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Flushed a couple birds but couldn't get a shot off.  However we did find a mama bear and baby bear tracks in the snow.  Looked like they were only a couple days old.  Second picture is the stride of the bigger bear.   In the deeper snow you could see their back paw print really well.

20210101_132841.jpg

20210101_132903.jpg

Was that in madison county?  Bears are rare there. 

IMG_2744.thumb.jpg.86cc8d3d94c8518a5ee27dd24ff5d6fd.jpg
IMG_2745.thumb.jpg.5cef82757826b47875315a889ada769c.jpg

It took me years to get a black duck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

If I come down we are going out for eider! One for the wall then we can limit out on puddle ducks to eat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Scoop me on your way?

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Been a while since i been here. Things have been crazy. 

I just got permission to hunt a spot on the extreme East end of the Island that is known for an over abundance of deer! Not many hunters, not many vehicles to take them out either and large pieces of private land. Not to mention I was asked to help out with a DMP for the same area.

Gonna do some scouting tomorrow, then my first sit on Sunday. Totally stoked!!

Edited by squirrelwhisperer
  • Like 7

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic