LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

12 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Phone is dying, I'll upload pictures later but: 4 black bears came in around 6, and we're going "nuts" on hickory nuts 20 yards away from me.  Watching this for about 20, got a cool pic of one up 20 feet. But then it occurs to me I'm in a hickory tree.  Sure enough, here comes one and starts climbing!  So I rack one in the 10 mil, and it retreats.  I had to yell at em to get them to leave.

Cain't have a hand gun in your possession while bow hunting but I'll keep it quiet...... :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Phone is dying, I'll upload pictures later but: 4 black bears came in around 6, and we're going "nuts" on hickory nuts 20 yards away from me.  Watching this for about 20, got a cool pic of one up 20 feet. But then it occurs to me I'm in a hickory tree.  Sure enough, here comes one and starts climbing!  So I rack one in the 10 mil, and it retreats.  I had to yell at em to get them to leave.

I hope the bears will be active up in the Adirondacks this weekend.  I am not going after deer until October 16, when I can use my crossbow up there (and ML the following week).  I am hoping to get a shot at a bear this weekend with my 30/30.

The weather looks good and I am feeling pretty confident.  My big Schrade knife is good and sharp and I am taking a big cooler.  I hope to be skinning one and chopping off the meat by Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Cain't have a hand gun in your possession while bow hunting but I'll keep it quiet...... :)

Yeah we've had this discussion before on the forum, but my seeing my kids is more important than that law.  Plus I talked to our local DEC agent about it.  Don't ask don't tell.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Team 3 might be starting strong. I shot what I think is a pretty good buck before dark! Gonna go trail him shortly, I think I heard him crash!!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed ..

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic