LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I tried sticking it out in the rain until 830 when the 3rd down pour and wind showed up.  Get back to the parking lot and I see 5 doe bedded 40 yards away from my truck on private just watching me.  I did have an unknown walk by at 6 no idea what it was could just make out its silhouette 

• Like 1

credit to you guys out in the rain on 10/2! remember it's a long season and not a whole lot worse than arrowing in the rain when you need that blood trail. Good luck!

The blood would be on top of the rain and rain ending soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Jut got back from a morning sit in the ladder stand until the wind got pretty busy. Scouted for an hour or so after just to check on activity. Found a couple of pre-rut scrapes along the edge of a cornfield behind me. Rubs are not popping up yet but I was able to find one decent one. I think we have a ways to go yet in this area.

Nice to be out and  get the first sit out of the way. Plan on scouting some state land I normally hunt over the weekend.

Good luck to anyone going out and congrats to all the harvests all ready. NICE BUCK CHRIS:ok:

day1.jpg

10-2rub.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the forecasted change in wind directions for tomorrow am is starting to aggravate me.  It was supposed to be NW now they are saying NE until a change to NW around 8-9am.  This does not work out for my plans.  Gonna have to think this over tonite. 

Yep...go figure. Cannot get a simple forecast right, but the world is gonna end in 9 years, 8 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours and 15 minutes from now from climate change.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Just got in and settled complete with tree umbrella. I waited out the last bit of rain before making my way in.
b24072a9935847a426e8cb2de961f3da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your timing was better than mine. I got in my stand just as the rain started. Note: no umbrella.

31 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

6 hrs. in the stand yesterday and didn't see a thing. After dinner I had 8 in the back yard. I'm seriously considering relocating my stand to the back deck.

I learned that years ago. Some of my near the house stands even come with WiFi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic