LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I got to spend a fun day yesterday out on public out on LI. 

What was last year a funnel between two marshy ponds in now just a patch of trees between two muddy grass fields. Still lots of tracks and poop so I ended up finding what I hoped was a good lower tree spot in my saddle. Even set up the cameras just in case.

Outside of plenty of bird watching I ended up seeing 3 does and a fawn (on the opposite side of one of the fields) and for about 30 mins at the end of the day watched this Buck (screen capture from the vid I shot) feed in the second field before he was spooked by a low flying plane. Was a great day to be off work and out in some nature!

good luck w/ your hunts today everyone

-Chris W

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 10.17.26 AM.png

Edited by ChrisW74
  • Like 5

Bumped a small 8 getting into the woods. Had a nice minute long staredown at 10 yards. He went to where I was going so then we had another staredown not to long afterwards. Shortly after starting my climb I saw a cute red fox at 10 yards farting around. So far excellent!17bd59b80ee23a412b88c2f951e9c2a5.jpg8468d4f6124703cd2f6a8b6da24fc85f.jpg7ff301130ca6f245efd9d9fa1d65be64.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 8

Congrats @Robhuntandfish i knew you would score early and often. Way to go.

I went out this morning and bumped some deer on the way in. I guess i got up too late. Then as i approached my tree i heard a weird sound,i thought turkeys maybe? Eventually i honed in on it and it was a fisher up in a tree growling at me. It sounded a little like a cat growl. He was pretty close to my intended hunting spot,so i had to circle around and ended up just sitting on the ground. An hour later i heard horse hooved thundering,i was a couple hundred yards from their pasture. Then a few minutes later 5 does raced past me at 20 yds. No way they were going to stop. I wonder what spooked them.

An eventful morning,and on the way back i found the first scrape of the year.

• Thanks 1

Back at it now till dark... hope today is better than yesterday. I will say this new spot is great 7 deer in two sits is way more than I would normally see at camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well two hunters just came by they have to go back and get their doe lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Congrats RHF! I’m may take a doe early as Costanzas has fast turn around on his products in early bow .

This dark, pic  ( took it into the sun )was a half hour ago, a bunch bedded in my daughters neighbors yard .

55677AEE-CD38-47CC-8768-4118B79CE1CC.jpeg

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic