LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

28 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Done for the day at 9. Had a doe come in with 2 button bucks at 8am. They were feeding in the corn right in front of me. Cool to see. This mornings sit made me realize I did a terrible job clearing shooting lanes..

IMG_20201004_081036970.jpg

IMG_20201004_081132846.jpg

Can't believe how green that corn is. Ours has been brown for a couple weeks.  Lots of the fields are already cut. 

• Like 1

Food for thought. You are on public land come across a trial cam and have a SD card reader with you... do you check it and put the card back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Had a doe at 10-15 yards and another about 30 yards away where I originally thought about hunting. One doe was running in curcles around a small bedding area like a buck was chasing her (maybe there was an immature buck pushing her around in there). Saw a bobcat on the mahopac exit on the taconic, so I thought that was interesting. 

The best thing that happened today was I posted the property. Now if that guy comes back, im pressing trespass charges...ive been too nice to him and his friend in the past. 

• Like 3

Headed out this afternoon with an older cousin who managed to get me permission to hunt with him on some private land he hunts.  He botched up turkey under the gun 5-6x last few years with me calling but kills a lot of deer with his bow. Let’s see how this pans out. Not expecting much 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

The last hour and a half has been about as much fun as one could have with their clothes still on!

Been surrounded by deer. None of which gave me a shot but the young hunter I’m with has a small buck down. He hit a little high and a little back but it was pumping blood and we saw it lay down. We are giving it 2+ hours to expire just in case.

Hope it's down and hanging!  And he's smiling ear to ear

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Hope it's down and hanging!  And he's smiling ear to ear

What a morning! We where covered in deer from first light until 9:45! I don’t know why I waited so long to get into archery hunting there’s nothing like it.

We got down at 10 and the buck, a small 4 pointer was dead only 40 yards from where he shot it. It was indeed a high and back shot. Dummy me didn’t check to see if it hit vitals but their was blood everywhere. He was down on himself for a moment when he shot it only because he knows there is a big one in the area that we are chasing. We told him to knock that off and be proud of the choice he made. In the end he was happy and we got a fair amount of making fun of him in while gutting the deer because the arrow caught stomach and ripped it open. We wanted to see him puke. Lol.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Chef said:

Food for thought. You are on public land come across a trial cam and have a SD card reader with you... do you check it and put the card back

Negative. If it’s not yours, don’t touch it. Keep your hands off other people’s shit. 

• Like 4

Negative. If it’s not yours, don’t touch it. Keep your hands off other people’s shit. 

You are talking to me like I am going to or was thinking about doing it.. just posing a question to the group. I’m actually pretty sure someone has been checking mine but at least they aren’t taking them

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

You are talking to me like I am going to or was thinking about doing it.. just posing a question to the group. I’m actually pretty sure someone has been checking mine but at least they aren’t taking them

Nope. Wasn’t talking to you. Was just answering your question to anyone that was thinking about doing it. If you think they’re checking yours, leave something interesting on your SD card. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

What a morning! We where covered in deer from first light until 9:45! I don’t know why I waited so long to get into archery hunting there’s nothing like it.

We got down at 10 and the buck, a small 4 pointer was dead only 40 yards from where he shot it. It was indeed a high and back shot. Dummy me didn’t check to see if it hit vitals but their was blood everywhere. He was down on himself for a moment when he shot it only because he knows there is a big one in the area that we are chasing. We told him to knock that off and be proud of the choice he made. In the end he was happy and we got a fair amount of making fun of him in while gutting the deer because the arrow caught stomach and ripped it open. We wanted to see him puke. Lol.

That's awesome tell him congrats from us all!  Def be proud of any buck esp the first! Sounds like a great morn.  

Archery season is just the best. Is this your first season?  I guess I thought u had been archery hunting for a while.  

1 hour ago, Chef said:

54 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So here is the problem with checking it....say you check it and find some nice bucks, you cant hunt there without an issue with the guy that’s already there. So why put yourself in that situation or depress yourself thinking about what could have been? Best to just leave it alone and move on. 

1 hour ago, Chef said:

interesting that a guy who likes biden who is pushing communisms would have to ask that  of course you don't touch other peoples  stuff with out permission  communisms is not here yet .

• Like 3

So here is the problem with checking it....say you check it and find some nice bucks, you cant hunt there without an issue with the guy that’s already there. So why put yourself in that situation or depress yourself thinking about what could have been? Best to just leave it alone and move on. 

That i disagree with if he has no stand there it’s public land first come first serve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

That i disagree with if he has no stand there it’s public land first come first serve

What do you do if he shows up talking about his camera was there and so on. I do see your point, however 2 angry and armed people does not usually make for a good day. IMHO

23 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

So cruel!been there done that with guts,thats why im laughing too hahaha.congrats to the young guy,should be damn proud!!!!!

• Like 1

That's awesome tell him congrats from us all!  Def be proud of any buck esp the first! Sounds like a great morn.  
Archery season is just the best. Is this your first season?  I guess I thought u had been archery hunting for a while.  

Fifth season taking it serious. I did a couple of seasons in my early 20’s but stopped for some strange reason.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I would and then I would go rummage through his truck assuming it wAs parked on public.   I mean that’s ok as long as I don’t steal it, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I would and then I would go rummage through his truck assuming it wAs parked on public.   I mean that’s ok as long as I don’t steal it, right?

How are you supposed to photo shop lions and bigfoots onto his SD card without first removing ? Asking for a friend.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

How are you supposed to photo shop lions and bigfoots onto his SD card without first removing ? Asking for a friend.

Dude that I would consider. That’s amazing like I’d headed out for lunch and knowing I was coming back that would be amazing. Also something I would do to a friend

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic