LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

7 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Stay tuned you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Per @Arcade Hunter request.... BBD!!!f80f83fcdae464f23096107c56a72844.jpg9917c921d2487aea5934725063c5aabc.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Fan freaking tastic my friend! Congratulations!

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

He went about 60 yards and tipped over. I waited another half hour and got down to check the doe arrow. That looked real good so I got on blood and the doe was ten yards behind the buck

Quite the accomplishment two in one day :hi:. As much as I like being in the woods this time of year if I could accomplish that feat during bow I would be a happy camper.

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So much for nobody talks, everyone walks! Well I had an epic morning. I spooked no fewer than five deer on my way into a new stand I put up in a nice oak flat. Acorns were literally raining down its all I could hear. At around 7:30 four does and a four point came in together and although upwind (real wind, gusty) they got spooky and finally the big doe started blowing and they left. They were looking in a different direction so I dont know if the wind swirled or they saw something or what. The buck hung around for a bit then also left. A bit later another small buck chased two fawns around for a while and then fed out in front of me. Finally two more does came in and one fed in to 24 yards and I shot. I couldnt see my arrow but the shot felt and sounded good. I sat down and called a buddy just to pass the time and all of a sudden I look to my right and the buck is just standing like a statue at 20 yards. I had the sun at my back and I think it saved me. He moved behind a blowdown and I was able to draw and shoot him at 24 yards. He went about 60 yards and tipped over. I waited another half hour and got down to check the doe arrow. That looked real good so I got on blood and the doe was ten yards behind the buck. He had some ground shrinkage but I'm thrilled and glad to have him. Ive got some family challenges that could effect some upcoming weekends. When I got down another doe came in and stared me down for a bit and then started feeding again, I like this KUIU pattern. Also I cut the bejeezus out of my thumb inside the buck and it is still weeping, may go get that looked at lol

Congratulations on a great morning Tacks! That’s awesome! How’s the thumb?

Just got back from zig zagging for about 5 hours...no deer.  Very bummed.  Broadside shot within 20 yards.  Thought the shot was a tad bit high and a tad bit back.  My game camera caught most of it and confirmed my shot...viewed the video when I got back to the house.  Next to no penetration...was using my 45# Bear Montana with a 3-blade fixed solid broadhead.  Maybe hit a rib straight on?

9AEF908E-63F8-429F-B20B-3969BD2DF601.jpeg

Just now, dinorocks said:

Just got back from zig zagging for about 5 hours...no deer.  Very bummed.  Broadside shot within 20 yards.  Thought the shot was a tad bit high and a tad bit back.  My game camera caught most of it and confirmed my shot...viewed the video when I got back to the house.  Next to no penetration...was using my 45# Bear Montana with a 3-blade fixed solid broadhead.  Maybe hit a rib straight on?

9AEF908E-63F8-429F-B20B-3969BD2DF601.jpeg

A rib wouldnt stop the arrow like that. Crazy though, atleast you can be assured its not dead somewhere.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic