LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

43 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

Just got back from zig zagging for about 5 hours...no deer.  Very bummed.  Broadside shot within 20 yards.  Thought the shot was a tad bit high and a tad bit back.  My game camera caught most of it and confirmed my shot...viewed the video when I got back to the house.  Next to no penetration...was using my 45# Bear Montana with a 3-blade fixed solid broadhead.  Maybe hit a rib straight on?

9AEF908E-63F8-429F-B20B-3969BD2DF601.jpeg

Recover the arrow? How was blood, non existent?

What a night! Turkeyfeathers and treeguy to the rescue to help me get him out... I'll do a complete story in the harvest thread tomorrow.... I'm pooped.. Jay and Andrew are true wny friends and that is the very best reason to live here!
I am so thrilled I could just shit myself!ec0f8bab7013e0cadedd35f0b38b4406.jpg57858df230a3cfa7038f0f9c53e0520b.jpg5a46d01145667b848307ad999aa652f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 42

Congrats Tacks on the double, Arcade on the stud, and Buffalo Jay on the doe. Nice work fellas.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Special mention to tacks... He helped coordinate the drag party for me... Can't wait to clink glasses of beer, that's for sure!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Throbbing lol, may get it looked at tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You best do that, Tacks...I have had two serious infections from butchering game, one from a squirrel, and one from a caribou....

Both times I had throbbing pain at the site of the wound... Both times it cleared up quickly with oral antibiotics, but without them I would have been in the hospital.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

You best do that, Tacks...I have had two serious infections from butchering game, one from a squirrel, and one from a caribou....

Both times I had throbbing pain at the site of the wound... Both times it cleared up quickly with oral antibiotics, but without them I would have been in the hospital.....

You should have soaked it in cider.   :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

What a night! Turkeyfeathers and treeguy to the rescue to help me get him out... I'll do a complete story in the harvest thread tomorrow.... I'm pooped.. Jay and Andrew are true wny friends and that is the very best reason to live here!
I am so thrilled I could just shit myself!ec0f8bab7013e0cadedd35f0b38b4406.jpg57858df230a3cfa7038f0f9c53e0520b.jpg5a46d01145667b848307ad999aa652f4.jpg

From the ground on public with a bow. Arcade you the man, outstanding ...

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic