LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

This is some sort of “pump”  that was running in the field I wanted  to hunt , there’s at least one mile of this pipe running from the manure lagoon to where they were working . There’s two or three of them pumping in relay and 5 or6 trucks and machinery working in the fields , not conductive to deer movement I guess lol .

Saw zippo till I bumped two on the far side of woods on walk out

32CB53A4-90B3-43C4-B3E4-E98A22806F74.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

This is some sort of “pump”  that was running in the field I wanted  to hunt , there’s at least one mile of this pipe running from the manure lagoon to where they were working . There’s two or three of them pumping in relay and 5 or6 trucks and machinery working in the fields , not conductive to deer movement I guess lol .

32CB53A4-90B3-43C4-B3E4-E98A22806F74.thumb.jpeg.7c9fa4fd32f3db47bd1acd42d13fdf4d.jpeg

Any farmers look like this guy?

a131ce95cc8508e63e885b143353734f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

3S - quick hunt before work till 830. 40 degrees and zero wind. Was supposed to be west, but shows 0mph. Anyway, heavy winds ended overnight and later today will be 66 degrees and tomorrow will be 76, so hopefully some action this AM. 701am sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nomad said:

32CB53A4-90B3-43C4-B3E4-E98A22806F74.jpeg

That....STINKS! 

Ba Dum Tss GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clear and cool 46 degrees when I headed in for my fifth sit. Before I made it to the stand the fog rolled in and hung around til the sun took care of it around 8:30. Haven't seen a deer from the stand yet and after scouting the four areas I hunt have not seen a lot of sign including tracks. Only found a couple of rubs so far and trail cam pics indicate they are only moving during pre-dawn hours and late evening.

I have seen a few during the day but sightings have been spotty at best. Might take a few days off before cleaning the dust off the climber and hitting some of my  other locations. It should only start getting better.

Good luck to all.

IMG_20201009_070728[1].jpg

IMG_20201009_070738[1].jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Otto said:

Saw one deer far off a couple of times.  Could not tell if it was buck or doe.  Saw another one in opposite direction for a short second.  At least deer are around and moving.  May sit again tomorrow,.  I sat in the stand a good ten minutes until I remembered to put my release on!  RUSTY. 

I did that last year, except didn't realize it until i went to grab my bow off the hook to climb down and noticed my release still hanging on the bow. Good thing nothing i wanted to take a swing at came through....

26 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I did that last year, except didn't realize it until i went to grab my bow off the hook to climb down and noticed my release still hanging on the bow. Good thing nothing i wanted to take a swing at came through....

Ive had entire sits with my haul line connected to my cam lol

• Like 1

My buddy just killed a nice 8pt, while looking at him he noticed a scar high on the shoulder. Last year he shot a buck on the same trail, same stand, hit was high, never found it. Well when gutting him sure enough he found a 6" piece of arrow still in him! Crazy story.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 18

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic