LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

My buddy just killed a nice 8pt, while looking at him he noticed a scar high on the shoulder. Last year he shot a buck on the same trail, same stand, hit was high, never found it. Well when gutting him sure enough he found a 6" piece of arrow still in him! Crazy story.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I shot a doe two years ago pulled pieces of aluminum arrow out of both shoulders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, crappyice said:

First sit for me in the 3S deer management program dbd5b0d5d2d3c5e86baa8328626e23eb.jpg

Sitting in a new area in an oak next to heavy grasses on route to water. Hoping To play Dr Kevorkian to an EHD Doe(too soon?). Only buck I’ll shoot is a nice one I heard was in the area and had NO BIZ-ness being here!

HOT with a subtle but perfect west wind.

This is my first climb of the year..here’s what I did wrong. Forgot to tie bottom to top, almost forgot to attach safety harness, dropped my lightweight gloves from my harness and as I type I realize my release is on my bow!!! Always an adventure on the first climb of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunset can't come soon enough. i gotta pray for a doe.

38 minutes ago, Otto said:

In again, same place as yesterday but feels like a little whole different place. Very light wind, quiet. Someone is burning leaves i can smell it. Hope the deer don't mind.....remembered everything today except my field kit with gloves and bags for the heart etc. I do have a knife, so I'm not worried!97d770da15e71a8791c367d733cbea80.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is my favorite deer gutting knife.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phade said:

Go low. Especially if bucks will use the low area in the PM to suck in falling thermals before entering the field. Hunt on the crosswind.

Yup,i have seen bucks do that. Just the other day there was a buck entering a field right next to the road at dusk,and the corner by the road was the low spot. He didn't care about the traffic,he wanted to scent check the field before entering. It was interesting. This was a fairly busy road. My spot is blown for today,the neighbors are up and that is where the bedding is. They are a bunch of yahoos that like to shoot guns and ride the 4 wheelers around. The deer will vacate until they leave.

44 minutes ago, grampy said:

20201009_161519.thumb.jpg.9a9b98c69f64a77ec63c2ec6f23f219a.jpgphade, this is what I have if you can use it?

Thanks Grampy but I’ll probably end up buying another wise guy for back up. Unless that is if my hunting partner checks our spot here at dark and sees it laying there. We’re in the stands now.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic