LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Up the tree.  Had to climb 2. Climber the 1st and didn't realize all the junk at tree stand height.  Youth hunter and his dad are setup in same piece of stateland about 3/4 -1 mile away.  I actually remember my orange hat ar 430 this morning.    Hopefully I'm out of the tree by 730 taking hero shots with my nephew.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

Out again finally! Havent been out since last Sunday and the way this last week of work was....feels great and so need this! Doe with 2 fawns were bedded less than 10 yds from my trail walking in...they're eyes lit up in the flashlight. Almost made it completely past them on my way before they bolted out of there. Good luck to all out there today.

• Like 1

Up in my stand super early and at 6:15 the other two idiots that hunt this wood lot come clanking down the power line cut. Climbers banging away. I could hear them setting up hundreds of yards away after... what a mess god do I miss my camp this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Up in my stand super early and at 6:15 the other two idiots that hunt this wood lot come clanking down the power line cut. Climbers banging away. I could hear them setting up hundreds of yards away after... what a mess god do I miss my camp this morning

Sounds like they are doing a drive for ya !   LOL

• Like 1

I went out yesterday afternoon to a different spot at the edge of a hayfield in an oak tree. After six i saw legs in the dark hemlocks behind me and then they worked towards me..A lone deer , but it was a forkie That was the first deer in range for me this year,but he got a pass. Too bad it wasn't a doe. Some of those popped out in a different spot in the field but too far away since it was quitting time. The forkie spooked when i lowered my bow and the does when i climbed down,but i had to get down to pick up my wife.  I am not too worried about blowing up the spot since i won't hunt the same tree again anyway,my goal for this year.

Edited by BowmanMike

Been setup with Little Squirrel since 6. Wind calmed down some which is good for the little guy. He thought he saw a buck. He got super excited. When he looked with his binos, he said his eyes were playing tricks on him. Mine do that to me all the time lol. When we get down gonna go hang a stand in a spot I scouted last week that looks Very promising. Hope to sit there tomorrow. Well actually, hope I don’t get to set up stand at all because I am butchering his deer lol.

• Like 6

Out with my daughter this morning hunting on different property...I gave up my hunting grounds to my son who camped out in the woods last evening with some of his friends...always encourage the kids to spend time in the great outdoors.  Good luck to all and extra luck to all the kids out this weekend!

• Like 10

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic