LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3S: 55 degrees, N winds 5-7mph. I’ll be hunting approx 1 mile from[mention=327]crappyice[/mention] this morning as the crow flies. I plan to beep my horn as I drive by. 703am sunrise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seen that 8 i got on cam with squiggle brow from 645-7 at 60 yds. Tried a soft grunt as he walked away but no luck. Then at 725am I saw First 10pt I ever seen. Perfectly symmetrical dark rack. Huge! Maybe 130”

• Like 11

Seen that 8 i got on cam with squiggle brow from 645-7 at 60 yds. Tried a soft grunt as he walked away but no luck. Then at 725am I saw First 10pt I ever seen. Perfectly symmetrical dark rack. Huge! Maybe 130”

Add in 735am doe n fawn to my left

I got blown at on my way in. I didn't think they knew what i was though. Got settled into an oak tree and around 7.30 a deer is coming in behind me,the way i came in. Big fat doe was checking my entry trail i think. She was alert but not freaked out. I managed to grab my bow but not turn around. She was working her way past me,almost,when i noticed her young one,a button buck. The doe was at ten yards,i was waiting for my chance to draw. 

That never presented itself,she turned around. The BB was eating acorns right at the base of my tree. They worked off.

I watched another deer about 50 yds away and that one came in too,from the right direction. It was a spike though,i think this years. I couldn't even see the spikes until the sun hit them. He got to 5 yds. It was great to have deer so close,i am happy to be in a tree.

Last year i spent a lot of time on the ground,that would not have worked today....

• Like 1

Just got settled into my stand. Had an emergency call come in at 3am and had to respond. Sucks being on call during deer season. Got almost 4 hours of double time but who cares!! I missed sunrise. Hopefully I’m not too late.
Ok deer...I’m here...now it’s your turn lol
a8e8259d552ee445a22e7479623c0611.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Or.... pics or it didn’t happen!!!!

Put the fn phone away. Jeesh ! 

Imagine i shot the 8 and the 10 both today. It would have been legal and broke the forum

• Like 1

Checking in and catching up as I’m pretty bored. Hunted Thursday AM. Big 4 and 2 small does all got a pass.

Saturday was warm and windy in 8f, which was fine as Friday was my last day at the old job and my birthday so I got to celebrate guilt free.

Didn’t expect much this morning but days will be limited with a new job and you just never know. It’s windier than they called for and seems like many of us are hitting the October lull before the chasing.

• Like 2

My 4th sit and second zero for the bow log , 4 for 4 with turkeys though . I can see across most of the hardwoods and 100s of yards of  greenfield .

Runny eggs and heavily buttered toast in my future . Outta here at 10

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic