LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

We only lasted an hour in the stand this morning. My daughter got cold right away even though I had her tucked into a sleeping bag. The youth hunter on our property shot a nice respectable 5 pointer. The kid is absolutely slaying it this year. Two deer with the bow. A buck and a doe now this 5 pointer with the gun on the youth weekend.

There’s always next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Sure does and id much rather prefer a clean miss than a poor shot,just shoulda went for lung,like a dummy i went right for the pumper.all happened quick as usual,thought it was 22 as ive ranged area before and ended up at 28.could of deff even deflected as was 6:28pm n lower light.just gives me the drive to try again!!!!

I would say something is off if you had a complete miss. Most bows will shoot pretty flat between 20-30, so you may have been low to begin with.

Nada again.  Going to need to re think how I'm going at them.  Almost hit a basket rack buck on my way home heading into a piece I scouted this year.  I think I'm over thinking my stands.  Be out maybe next weekend.  

I doubt you’re doing anything wrong. Even my camps have slowed dramatically. Give it 10 days.

• Like 2

We only lasted an hour in the stand this morning. My daughter got cold right away even though I had her tucked into a sleeping bag. The youth hunter on our property shot a nice respectable 5 pointer. The kid is absolutely slaying it this year. Two deer with the bow. A buck and a doe now this 5 pointer with the gun on the youth weekend.

There’s always next weekend.

Is the youth season tag reg season? Just curious as I don’t know and won’t need to for another 6 haha

Is the youth season tag reg season? Just curious as I don’t know and won’t need to for another 6 haha

Yes they have to use their regular season tag and from what I understood they can only take one deer during the youth weekend.

Too nice out to bow hunt unfortunately so I did some chores at camp for gun season and may have stopped a few places to fish on the Delaware but the wife thinks it takes hours to do the chores !! 8f77738f9417f19c5f0af9d38c7bb93e.jpg9a7a3ef12fc460222d9a143acabb2bcd.jpg560ca5692cacc76436748b7429784807.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic