LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Hunting partner and I were almost in for a long bow season - he just wouldn't clear to a shooting lane in time. Drop off and pick up courtesy to the stand for him by me since it's an active farm as noted. Covered up in deer evidence A. Time is off because I hooked up a bad cam to the network, but had to bail him out of the field stand. They'll be back as they have been, but deer behaviors are changing quick. Lots of vocalizations last evening - grunts, bleats, and snort wheezes.
Just another one of our bloated deer...
869FAAE5-5CBD-45BA-B46D-9A7AD848B9D9.thumb.png.8b27160b28006933dc8451bccac31e15.png
38016963-9241-4A29-8875-CD99A6510C52.jpeg.215efba499833912f795cc2ea4893bc1.jpeg

That’s a big body!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take odd. And I'll take my punched tag with it. It's a freaking buck dead on his back in a UTV bed. What'd you think he was going to look like? Skinny Tyra Banks?

I’m just curious why you won’t post a typical hero shot pic? If you have to wait for publish an article or something I get that, but then just say that. By posting the pic you did, everyone obviously wants to see more. You knew that when you posted it

Edit - if I remember correctly you normally post a nice summary of deer you kill too. The setup, the distance of shot, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m just curious why you won’t post a typical hero shot pic? If you have to wait for publish an article or something I get that, but then just say that. By posting the pic you did, everyone obviously wants to see more. You knew that when you posted it

Edit - if I remember correctly you normally post a nice summary of deer you kill too. The setup, the distance of shot, etc

In all seriousness, give it up already. I wasn't going to post it at all anyhow except that Moog leaked it (unintentionally) and people figured it out and wouldn't stop posting random shit in unrelated threads. I don't write any longer, I work long hours, and hunting is what I do to unwind. If you're insinuating there is funny business going on, I invited another long-standing and known forum member on the recovery, who happens to live in the same town as our hunting ground and we had a fun celebratory night. It was an important tag being filled for me post-surgery and "getting back on the horse" so to speak.

You do you, and stop worrying about other people. But seriously give it up. Move on. I'm tired of you being a creeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phade said:

In all seriousness, give it up already. I wasn't going to post it at all anyhow except that Moog leaked it (unintentionally) and people figured it out and wouldn't stop posting random shit in unrelated threads. I don't write any longer, I work long hours, and hunting is what I do to unwind. If you're insinuating there is funny business going on, I invited another long-standing and known forum member on the recovery, who happens to live in the same town as our hunting ground and we had a fun celebratory night. It was an important tag being filled for me post-surgery and "getting back on the horse" so to speak.

You do you, and stop worrying about other people. But seriously give it up. Move on. I'm tired of you being a creeper.

The only thing I was insinuating was that maybe, based on your connections with trail camera companies, that you had written an article about this buck and the benefits of using trail cams, etc. Since that is not the case, I agree with you that you shouldn't bother posting any pictures.

• Like 1

Oh, I saw it. That was a first class douche bag comment from you. Enjoy your day.

I’m not understanding why you are being so sensitive about this. You shot a nice deer. But are acting like a school girl

• Like 3

I'm not understanding all the commentary around the nice deer taken.  I have to admit that I haven't taken the time to read every comment, and don't plan to but I didn't see any comments that were adversarial or insinuated that anything was wrong or done wrong just some fairly benign questions.  the reactions to those questions/comments were rather aggressive.  I guess I just don't understand the situation surrounding the questions or comments, but I don't understand the need for the bickering back and forth around it.  I would think that someone that runs a business in the hunting industry would handle themselves a bit better in the public eye, but to each their own.  I would have though this could have been an opportunity to promote by showing some past trail cam pics, maybe a brief back story, and a harvest photo but what do I know, it's not my deer so it doesn't really matter to me and congratulations on the harvest. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rack Attack said:

I'm not understanding all the commentary around the nice deer taken.  I have to admit that I haven't taken the time to read every comment, and don't plan to but I didn't see any comments that were adversarial or insinuated that anything was wrong or done wrong just some fairly benign questions.  the reactions to those questions/comments were rather aggressive.  I guess I just don't understand the situation surrounding the questions or comments, but I don't understand the need for the bickering back and forth around it.  I would think that someone that runs a business in the hunting industry would handle themselves a bit better in the public eye, but to each their own.  I would have though this could have been an opportunity to promote by showing some past trail cam pics, maybe a brief back story, and a harvest photo but what do I know, it's not my deer so it doesn't really matter to me and congratulations on the harvest. 

well said. +1

24 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

He escalated the situation himself by denying he shot a deer when everyone already figured out he did , then as a FU he sent a half ass picture of said deer in the back of a utv

• Like 2

I have the same problem. Does anything really work?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I can confirm this stuff so far has worked. I applied as the bottle instructed. Let dry wipe off gently. Then do one of those Huuuuuhhhhhhhs onto the glasses the kind you do when you try to clean em and not a single bit of fog. I'm convinced. How long it lasts TBD but I know what I'm going to be doing before I go to bed tomorrow night again. Highly recommend so far

https://www.amazon.com/Optix-55-Treatment-Anti-Reflective-Superior/dp/B08956TMTPc01bde9b383cf580e956d97aa86f5e67.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is anyone in the frickin woods?!!

Sure our youngest is stomping around the “ woods “ out West , even through  in an animal pic for you .

E1FA0C9B-2BD2-4947-B71D-29EADBE2FC92.png

3AF9AB0E-B727-468F-B4F2-DCE7F3864F76.png

1107D0EA-1929-4211-8189-119D1C3ACF9D.png

• Like 8

I can confirm this stuff so far has worked. I applied as the bottle instructed. Let dry wipe off gently. Then do one of those Huuuuuhhhhhhhs onto the glasses the kind you do when you try to clean em and not a single bit of fog. I'm convinced. How long it lasts TBD but I know what I'm going to be doing before I go to bed tomorrow night again. Highly recommend so far

https://www.amazon.com/Optix-55-Treatment-Anti-Reflective-Superior/dp/B08956TMTPc01bde9b383cf580e956d97aa86f5e67.jpg&key=6735c8ff972bf6fa4fe37cb048baee4ac8ea475ded7b3f07c439528a6df7a438

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Nice. Just got mine. I'll test it in the woods in the next few weeks.

Nice. Just got mine. I'll test it in the woods in the next few weeks.

That's what I'm gonna do too also wearing masks in public spots blehhhh

#WeDemandADislikeButton

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

While the notes are long gone, the lesson remains. I believe the front shirt pocket shot refers to a deer standing facing you and then you picture the front shirt pocket of a dress shirt between the front legs (but off to the shooter’s right) and let it fly! This shot is recommend #FromTheGround only preferably with a cross-gun and scope.

The confusion is/was on my part.  I'd heard the expression before and, having not thought about exactly WTF it was, commented wrong.  I don't hunt from the ground with the bow and only rarely from the ground.   WTF is a cross-gun anyway?

Screw you guys, I'm done with this place.................... 

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic