LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Small 8 pt at 15 yards just outside of pines.prob wouldnt have hesitated on the 10yrd shot if he stepped in.ended up getting behind me n knew something wasnt right.tickled the rattles n soft grunts right b4 he showed.would be sweeeet if first rattled buck!

Im gunna chalk this one up as my first rattled in buck.he came right past my cousin at 30 yards with no shot as he was b lining it right to me

• Like 4

Home eating breakfast sandwiches now . One lone  buck at first light today, one lone buck at last light yesterday that’s been it lately . I don’t care for afternoon sits this time of year, it’s always right at last light.

Thinking back , any bow buck on an afternoon hunt over the last few years has been in the rut with 1 or 2 hours of light left .

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

e06d8dbd5d4bf81585f985669d3d8116.jpg&key=f1c8cb263e3538509b41f457673d16108e1ef88f62e683fd85fe751a70dabefa

Spike

Then a doe on dame trail but cam my way...needed 5 more steps but wind swirled and she walked out of my life(and grinder!)

Biz encounter was pleasant enough...would have preferred to make him drag my deer but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz calls Hammering Hank to drag deer 

• Like 3

I've been in the stand  since 615 at 3pm I decided to shed one of my shirts. I undo the shoulder straps to my harness take one of my shirts off put my water bottle on the platform so I can make room in my bag for my shirt I look over and less than 15 yrds away are 2 big doe and a small buck. They came into 8-9 yrds and froze for almost 5 min then 1 doe starts feeding around the other is still trying to figure out what I am 10 more minutes of this before she tries to get behind me that's when I drew and double lunges her she went 40-50 yrds and tipped over. I'll leave her until dark maybe she'll draw the big buck in.

• Like 33

20 minutes ago, Red said:

I've been in the stand  since 615 at 3pm I decided to shed one of my shirts. I undo the shoulder straps to my harness take one of my shirts off put my water bottle on the platform so I can make room in my bag for my shirt I look over and less than 15 yrds away are 2 big doe and a small buck. They came into 8-9 yrds and froze for almost 5 min then 1 doe starts feeding around the other is still trying to figure out what I am 10 more minutes of this before she tries to get behind me that's when I drew and double lunges her she went 40-50 yrds and tipped over. I'll leave her until dark maybe she'll draw the big buck in.

Congrats Red now down that buck!

Slipped into a stand I moved last month on a 5 acre strip in Suburbia. Last night just after dark there were 8 doe bedded in the clearing below me about 70yds away. Not sure if they came down the peninsula I'm on but hoping they do tonight. 9ed6a9b1226a7c1263e45463d36e37dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, sodfather said:

In position. First time in many years I’m missing duck opener. Cooper had this date circled on his calendar in his kennel. Good to all 

I'm with Cooper....Who in his right mind would be out sitting in a tree waiting for some silly ass deer to walk by when he could be hunting ducks, ESPECIALLY when he has a fine dog like Cooper....i

I am dissappointed with you, Jay    <<SIGH>>.......Poor Cooper.....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic