LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

0 deer seen in stand.got down to check out a stand,saw neighbor up on hill in his stand,waived and he climbed down to introduce himself.shot the shit for a few mins,looped back around to not interupt him anymore as wanted to check cam.as checking cam a 6pt chasing doe off hill came in behind me at 50 yards.neighbor sent me pic hahaha

imagejpeg_56.jpg

• Like 5

Calling it a day. I have some work to do then a party to attend. What a disappointing last 2 weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bow season......fun for the beginning since it's the start of a new season.......mid-end of October can be a drag.......remember it's Marathon not a sprint!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Calling it a day. I have some work to do then a party to attend. What a disappointing last 2 weekends.

Mlammethirt , I’m in 100% agreement with .

For ME once the bachelor groups break up , the crops get cut, the fields turned over or covered in manure,  in mid Oct , the brakes come on . I’ll be out very little till the end of the month , a few of my fiends haven’t even gone yet . 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

Bow season......fun for the beginning since it's the start of a new season.......mid-end of October can be a drag.......remember it's Marathon not a sprint!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mlammethirt , I’m in 100% agreement with .

For ME once the bachelor groups break up , the crops get cut, the fields turned over or covered in manure,  in mid Oct , the brakes come on . I’ll be out very little till the end of the month , a few of my fiends haven’t even gone yet . 

I probably was a bit too excited to start the season. I took the afternoon off to finished the enclosed blind now I’m at a Birthday party. I plan on taking it easy the next 2 weekends I just spent 5 weekends in a row down at camp and need a break and my own bed at night.

• Like 2

Got a stand I neglected on the home prop cleared out better and set a mock scrape. It’s a close after work sneak in sit. I was gonna pop up a new ladder stand but ran outa time.

I’m now up in my island stand behind the corn. Which is now cut. I hope 65009 shots by pheasant and duck hunters the last 2 days don’t have the deer in a bunker!

There’s hardly a soul here now though. Good time to pop a slob!!

• Like 1

Watched half of the giants game and then hit public in 3g. 60 degrees and swirling winds. On the ground in a blow down off some trails between bedding and oak. Have only seen does with reeeeally young fawns to date. Hope something worth it is using these trails through thick cover. Good luck to all out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

I to took the morning off l had some projects to finish up around the house. I'm now on my private land in 6g doing some serious tree surfing. I thought the winds were supposed to lessen later in the day but they are still pretty strong. Good luck to everyone out.5cb666f36b6bddebf571c03c89b5192b.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Similar scene here on the other side of Ft Drum in wmu 6C.  I probably should have let the hammer fall on the big doe that I saw this morning.  At least the two fawns that were with her will have their momma for a bit longer. 

The wind is still blowing 15-20 mph from the south.  I am sticking close, for the last hour, so I won't be too late for the grilled pork chops my mother in law is making for supper.

I am up here thru opening weekend of gun season. It looks like the rain gear will get a workout, the rest of the week, looking at the forecast.  I will try to remember to cover my muzzle with electric tape tomorrow.  I might even use my crossbow instead.  That looks like the rainiest day of the week.

20201018_165945.jpg

• Like 2

Good weekend! Had a nice 8 pt cross the road as I was pulling out of my driveway Friday night he was in no hurry and could care less about anything. Saturday I woke up late and decided to cut down a tree and cleanup deadfall around the cabin. Seems like I could do this all day everyday! Went on a scouting trip Saturday late morning and caught movement and another nice 8 point walking around without a care in the world. Saturday night I had what i think was another 8 come in right before dark but wouldn’t come close. Finally after sitting there as he just munched on some leaves till about 715 I threw a stick to spook him . Seen lots of does and boy there are some tiny fawns around my way! 

hunted saturday morning, what a beautiful morning regardless. Small to medium size doe before shooting light. Just a little bit later and I would sent one. 

Spike around 9:15, called my dad who was 100 yards by the crow flies and he had 6 bucks in different groups sparing around him and a shot at a decent 2.5 that I woulda drilled. Then neighbor sends me a pic of a nice 8 I woulda drilled from his cell came about 30 yards west (which explains the commotion i heard over there), sometimes you just pick the wrong spot.

Was ready to hunt this morning despite unfavorable winds for where I was planning on. Truck packed, scent free shower and coffee timer on... and the bed won. I had good sleep but just wasn't feeling it with the warmer temps and wind. Hoping I didn't miss my shot, but after starting a new job I needed the rest. We had a halloween party that I thought I could dip out of early enough to sit this evening, but again not great winds and few beers and that was an easy decision too haha.

congrats to all the hunters this weekend. the best is still yet to come boys and girls.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Guys need some advice. I hit a doe at 20 yards at the arrow looks like it has light blood and meat on it. I found small chunks of meat on the ground at the hit site also. Could I have hit her too high? a88acfec68431984574f37719a1599fd.jpg
f2bbfe549a70d13d074a4d131a3522f6.jpg

Any blood trail?  After hit site..

Edited by Robhuntandfish

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic