LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

7 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’m definitely not shooting a doe now , my buddy got it done on the last morning out West , 6x6 Elk . He eats like one deer a year, so I said I’ll take all he doesn’t want , I’ll pay my share for processing and shipping .

F81A9B52-4221-4949-AD8A-24BF4286C92F.jpeg

Nice! 

• Like 1

Bigger bucks are starting to pay attention to does in my area of 9h....have a group of doe that visits the cut corn every morning and night. Yesterday evening a mature 2.5 8 or 9pt. That we have on cam throughout the fall showed his face in the field. He took notice and milled around eating but wasn't bumping the ladies around yet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

4 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

This is the hardest part of the year in alot of ways.  You have to wait a whole nother 10 days for this lull to be over and that magical time of year to start.  Meanwhile your hindbrain is all "Just take some time off and get in the woods!"

the rain is a blessing really. I want to sneak out some afternoon but really it isn't worth it and when it's pouring it doesn't make me feel guilty.

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I’m definitely not shooting a doe now , my buddy got it done on the last morning out West , 6x6 Elk . He eats like one deer a year, so I said I’ll take all he doesn’t want , I’ll pay my share for processing and shipping .

F81A9B52-4221-4949-AD8A-24BF4286C92F.jpeg

that might be a record for "fish hands" deer pics. damn they must be 6' back! 

congrats to him though :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

This is the hardest part of the year in alot of ways.  You have to wait a whole nother 10 days for this lull to be over and that magical time of year to start.  Meanwhile your hindbrain is all "Just take some time off and get in the woods!"

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one!! I’ve been “taking a break” from the woods and it’s killing me...But when I thought about it, I realized I’ve only been taking a break for 1 day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone!

I’ve been reading this thread for years now and just decided to make an account. I live in both northern Saratoga County and Old Forge, NY. 

If anyone has ever been to Old Forge you’d know town is basically a deer sanctuary. They are everywhere and you can pretty much walk up and pet them. Makes it easy to watch for activity changes during the season. Just had 4 does in the yard for 20 minutes or so and a little 4 pointer ran in and harassed one for a few minutes before chasing her off. 

Makes it tempting to hit the hills after work today and see if there are any other early bloomers out there. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Well my son is hanging with mom at home so I jumped in the marsh.   I guess the weather app’s 0% chance precipitation was referring only to snow.  Hope it stops drizzling soon. It should.  

EFFB0738-5BFB-4043-B70C-1B62F98326B1.jpeg

Good luck my friend!

• Like 1

Well my son is hanging with mom at home so I jumped in the marsh.   I guess the weather app’s 0% chance precipitation was referring only to snow.  Hope it stops drizzling soon. It should.  
EFFB0738-5BFB-4043-B70C-1B62F98326B1.thumb.jpeg.1eb3b905d2fb3ea8a4091757a326ac0a.jpeg

Beauty of a spot there...is that a fresh scrape on the right or did you make that?
I would think they have numerous runs through that- hoping they (or maybe he!) hit the right one for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Beauty of a spot there...is that a fresh scrape on the right or did you make that?
I would think they have numerous runs through that- hoping they (or maybe he!) hit the right one for you

Bit too mucky in this area for scrapes.  I tend to find them in the dryer sections.   

but yes lots of good trails.  Picking the right one is the tough part.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!
I’ve been reading this thread for years now and just decided to make an account. I live in both northern Saratoga County and Old Forge, NY. 

If anyone has ever been to Old Forge you’d know town is basically a deer sanctuary. They are everywhere and you can pretty much walk up and pet them. Makes it easy to watch for activity changes during the season. Just had 4 does in the yard for 20 minutes or so and a little 4 pointer ran in and harassed one for a few minutes before chasing her off. 

Makes it tempting to hit the hills after work today and see if there are any other early bloomers out there. 

Good luck everyone!

Was just in Old Forge last week. Always deer all over. A lot of folks don’t honor the feeding ban there. Cool to see all the tame deer though.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic