LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Exciting afternoon had two fawns walking around. Someone must of picked off mama I kept seeing them two weeks ago with her. Had a lone doe heading my way when a spike cut her off and pushed her away. I saw the spike again when I was walking out. Hopefully tomorrow. Thursday looks good to hunt the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The evening got really interesting at the end. I watched two bucks, a spike and an eight, chasing three doe in the bean field just off my property for more than a half hour. Decided it was time to go, lowered my bow, stood up and put my pack on. Turned around and had a nice eight jogging along right past me at 15 yards. I thought it odd when he took a couple bounds and then slowed down again. Oh well...wait. Oh crap! A very tall eight or ten comes grunting down the same path, passing at 15 yards while I have no bow in my hands. Good to see so much activity but sure would like a shot at one. 

• Like 7

Afternoon sit was uneventful until around 6:00 saw two deer running all over the woods. One of which I saw was a medium size doe, the other was periodically chasing her with the craned out neck typical of an interested buck. He was big bodied and much darker colored than the doe, but I couldn’t make out his rack every time they stopped he was covered by foliage. This went on for about 5 minutes. Pretty cool to see. Heading there tomorrow first light. My son saw a lone doe layup shot. He passed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic