LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Couldn’t login this morning. Anyway it was 50* no real wind hit the park a little after day break started slow along a creek not to far in I seen a doe good enough for me. I blow the shot and hit her high and back,but she dropped right there. This is my first big woods deer with the muzzle loader I’m happy as can be. It didn’t take long to drag her out because I was less then a half mile from the road. I’ll take it. Meat in the freezer. I have to get to butchering her it’s warm out.
20530b6d9dcb36d7fb8e7644e2a80ca5.jpg
Sorry no hero shot I forgot the wire to my digital camera.
62fb1fa604331fa1e8bb10cce4b1baf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 37

6 minutes ago, rachunter said:

Couldn’t login this morning. Anyway it was 50* no real wind hit the park a little after day break started slow along a creek not to far in I seen a doe good enough for me. I blow the shot and hit her high and back,but she dropped right there. This is my first big woods deer with the muzzle loader I’m happy as can be. It didn’t take long to drag her out because I was less then a half mile from the road. I’ll take it. Meat in the freezer. I have to get to butchering her it’s warm out.

Well done!!

• Like 1

Rain stopped in 9A about 30mins ago. Had two smaller does come by and soon after a 4pt following in the same path. Oddly enough seemed like he “lost” their trail and went a totally different direction. Not spooked at all just all of sudden seemed like it wasn’t worth it lol

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Congrats.  How far are you from Lowville ?  Nolts will cut them up and freezer wrap for around $ 50.  They have a big cooler and it usually takes about 10 days to get it back.   For that price, I won't deal with another tick riddled carcass from this area, especially when it is warm out.

I think it will be cool enough to leave it hang overnight.  They are open every day but Sundays.  

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

The rut activity seems to be picking up every day. Got busted by a buck trailing a doe on my way in around 2:30. Doe blew at me an ran, the buck ran right past me at 15 yards. Not concerned with me, just determined to stay on the trail of that doe. 
Don’t let your enthusiasm wane! The prime time is just starting. Good luck to all. Get ‘er done!

Congrats.  How far are you from Lowville ?  Nolts will cut them up and freezer wrap for around $ 50.  They have a big cooler and it usually takes about 10 days to get it back.   For that price, I won't deal with another tick riddled carcass from this area, especially when it is warm out.
I think it will be cool enough to leave it hang overnight.  They are open every day but Sundays.  

Thanks I like to butcher my own deer this way I can cut and wrap it the way I want. I usually have a good idea of how I want to cook it. This year I’m going to try a few pressure cooking recipes. There where absolutely no ticks on this deer. My brother has taken a few deer off my property and none of them had ticks ether. I think there mostly in areas with an over abundance of deer. Definitely not the case where I’m hunting. She did have a ridiculous amount of fat on her.

6 minutes ago, Todd67 said:

df658ede1541b7271605ea87f38d5e69.jpg
Found this guy on my trail cam a couple times, unfortunately only around midnight. Any ideas how to coax him around during daytime? (Still working tp get my first deer...)

Give it a few weeks.  He will be chasing doe in daylight with other bucks.  

and good luck on your first.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Sitting in a stand with my 7yr son Parker he's been itching to get . We hot in at 430 at 434 I spot a deer heading our way it's a big doe about 35 yrds away I tap Parker to look he looks up for half a second and right back to his movie. A second later a little buck starts playfully chasing her out of the area.

20201022_163220.jpg

Edited by Red
  • Like 19

I'm not going out tonight,it's going to be 78° tomorrow, and I don't feel like rushing through processing one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

When I saw that forecast
This morning I climbed down and went home. I don't want to pay for processing again I want to hang one and take my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

When I saw that forecast
This morning I climbed down and went home. I don't want to pay for processing again I want to hang one and take my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, me too. And having a couple down doesn't increase my motivation either!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic