LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Right at 10 I had a shooter buck go by at 45 yards. At least a 2.5 year old maybe an 8 pointer. I’m hoping my Camera picked him up. He stopped for my grunt for a brief second but then walked away. I guess I’m up here for a little bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ima sit another half hour if I see more deer then another hour lol that’s the plan not getting down until I go an hour and half with no sightings!

• Like 1

Ima sit another half hour if I see more deer then another hour lol that’s the plan not getting down until I go an hour and half with no sightings!

That’s how they get you! I think they know when you’re going to head in and do a fly by on purpose just to get you to stay. I was so ready to call it at 10 and now it’s almost 11! I’m going to get down before other one comes by and has me up here until noon.

• Like 1

Fun morning.    Saw 3 young bucks and 2 doe.   One being chased.    My buddy a few hundred yds away saw 18 including bucks sparing - no shooters.   He was super excited.   1/2 of the traditional scrapes open.   
18?? Holy deer population explosion!!
Need to start thinking that herd.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a big old woods monarch damn neat shove his high right beam in my face at around  9:00.  It happened so fast, I could not get off a shot with my 30/30.  He was only about 15 yards away, when I saw him.

10 minutes ago, two unidentified deer bolted past, about 50 yards down hill and upwind of my location, the first one with a tail up.  It definitely seems like the chase phase is on up in the big woods.

• Like 2

Glad to hear some buck movement taking place  , I’m still on a light hunting schedule, but I’ll be out tomorrow afternoon , then W, TH , F in Letchworth ,then everyday on my spot till necessary.

Good luck everyone .

• Like 2

Well didn't see anything from my scouting trip from the truck.  So we drove in while it was raining.  Didn't see any we jumped but found 4 or 5 fresh beds so I think we jumped a doe group.  Found a ton of scrapes and trails.  Not to many runs.  We also found our way in and out so I'm going in first thing in the morning hope to be in am hour before sun up and sit until 11.  Home for lunch then off to a little piece of private.

Shortest sit of the season for me. I got into my stand at 625  5 minutes later I had a deer 12 yards in front of me to dark to see.  Trail cam picked him up a little buck.  At 730 I had 5 deer walking through  at about 80 yards 5 min later a deer trailing three group of 5. I couldn't tell if they were doe or bucks.

Now I'm heading upto greg/gmans place to hangout and hunt with the guys.

Screenshot_20201024-095012_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-095005_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Red
  • Like 4

Hunting a scrape line. Same locations as last year right on a hiking trail. Guessing the scrapes get freshened at night, but figured it is worth a shot.519a0e18b27a6b8e156ed0f0f6a1e9bc.jpg&key=ad4946c1068e8e63898ef10dabd4031d581925518abe30aef955532d49822e3f

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Don’t scare any hikers

d507dac301f9e9fd0b00b5323af29391.jpg
eadf4bbe5fd55355a9b81e718f99ee06.jpg

7afda218415c39bb4e52924917ca1fd5.jpg

3S - I’m in. 65-70 degrees. Wind in my face ans the 10pt I saw 2 weeks ago loves my piss. Biz piss! First squiggle 8, then brow less 8, now the big kahuna 10pt. He was here 2 nights at sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

d507dac301f9e9fd0b00b5323af29391.jpg
eadf4bbe5fd55355a9b81e718f99ee06.jpg

7afda218415c39bb4e52924917ca1fd5.jpg

3S - I’m in. 65-70 degrees. Wind in my face ans the 10pt I saw 2 weeks ago loves my piss. Biz piss! First squiggle 8, then brow less 8, now the big kahuna 10pt. He was here 2 nights at sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now is a good time to put your phone away. 

• Like 5

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic