LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

3S - making my post now before i leave the house. 53 degrees, west wind. rain just stopped. feel very deeeeeeeeery. Tomorrow another 1 inch of rain coming, followed by cold snap with first frost/snow on friday. tonight could be the night? @crappyice will be roughly 1.2 miles to my north. I will check cam and hopefully sitting by 4pm with a 554pm sunset.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cdbing said:

Wish I had chosen different boots. These squeak at the slightest drag on the slightly wet tree stand. Have to remember to lift my feet and not shuffle if I need to change footing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some moleskin glued to the stand will fix that.

Just got permission to hunt a 7 acre piece of private with 6 of the 7 wooded and surrounded by preserve. Only house on this side of the road and the home owner (sister in law’s Aunt) says she sees what she believes is a 12 pointer come out and nibble her bushes in the back of the grassy area on a regular basis. Her grandfather used to own the entire piece and they all (including her father and uncles) hunted back there and they always got nice deer. She is the 3rd gen to own this property. The fam sold off the large piece to the town back in the 60s or something. Hasn’t been hunted since the 80s. I feel like I won the lottery! Gonna scout Saturday afternoon and hang a stand. Hunt it Sunday morning. Did I mention its within a half hour form home? TOTALLY STOKED!!

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Just got permission to hunt a 7 acre piece of private with 6 of the 7 wooded and surrounded by preserve. Only house on this side of the road and the home owner (sister in law’s Aunt) says she sees what she believes is a 12 pointer come out and nibble her bushes in the back of the grassy area on a regular basis. Her grandfather used to own the entire piece and they all (including her father and uncles) hunted back there and they always got nice deer. She is the 3rd gen to own this property. The fam sold off the large piece to the town back in the 60s or something. Hasn’t been hunted since the 80s. I feel like I won the lottery! Gonna scout Saturday afternoon and hang a stand. Hunt it Sunday morning. Did I mention its within a half hour form home? TOTALLY STOKED!!

That sounds awesome. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

3S management program. I nudged two doe right off the parking area ( or was it Biz’s horn wailing salute!) upon arrival and slipped in above them . Hoping they are still “ on grass” because they should loop right around before dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Up and at em. Hung up two scrape droppers on my mocks down by the edge an tower. The one had been freshened. No pic as I had to pull cam earlier. Stupid cabellas cam with card only works in that cam not other cards. Thing pizzed me off. I have 6 different brands that all work fine with any cards and Cabellas gotta play azzhole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime you want company hit me up. I'm close by.

• Thanks 1

Just had a big doe (by my standards) and fawn come by at a trot, stop at 25-30 yards, stop and make a u turn. I guess she caught just enough of my scent. They were both very light colored compared to what I've been seeing.

• Like 1

Took tomorrow off so I now have a 4 day weekend.  Hitting up a stand me and my brother put up in july.  It's on my small piece of private I hunt.  Finally have the wind and with that storm coming in hoping they move before rain hits around 1.  Sitting dark until 1 or 2.  Seemed like all the deer last year kept sneaking into this bedding area past our stands and last year we finally found there entry. 

It'll be the last weekend I take a doe until gun so either a doe or good buck is getting an arrow.    I dont like taking does the last 2 weeks because you just never know what's following.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic