LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walls out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

20201028_194926.thumb.jpg.35ff5b19ef0b947af1ca4883f993ae91.jpg
20201028_222921.thumb.jpg.2d9ff8b5d63e51782337b2d7d7bfcb2a.jpg

What an awesome deer. Congrats Taco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walls out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

20201028_194926.jpg

20201028_222921.jpg

Congratulations Tim!!!  Beautiful Buck!  Way to go!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Calling for 2 to 5 inches in the helderbergs, game on tomorrow.  Travel corridor in the morning, food in the evening!

Yeah....and I'll be stuck at work...:sorry:

But will have three hunting days starting Saturday!

Good luck out there Paul.

56 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Decided to hunt until rain starts.  2 does meandered by so far.  Not a big fan of dead calm days but trying to get in what time I can before next week as my nonhunting schedule is a bear starting Nov 2.   Best of luck to all out.  visions of buckus gigantis in my head.  

Hope today or tomorrow will be your BBD day!!!  Good luck buddy!

17 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

20201028_194926.jpg

20201028_222921.jpg

That's awesome Tim - congratulations! He's a stud!

• Like 1

Uneventful sit last night. Windier than I would have liked in 8F. I was in the stand a little after 3, which was probably a little earlier than necessary but I had the chance to duck out of work (which is my home office lol) and figured I'd take advantage. Still a day in the woods is better than being in the office. 

26 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

20201028_194926.jpg

20201028_222921.jpg

Frickin' Nice!  Congratulations!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

beautiful buck taco! congrats!

• Like 1

Don't forget a damn fine deer too! Congrats sir!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walks out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

Awesome buck Tim! Congratulations

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walks out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

Perfect shot too!! Who tunes your archery gear, Randy Ulmer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BfloHunter said:

Also in 9A off love rd. I have already had 3 does come by this morning. The first one sniffed the bottom of my stand and trotted off calmly. Scent control is on point today lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Cambria off Lower Mountain. Nothing but squirrels running around so far.

4th porcupine for today rain has started!!
20201029_091308.thumb.jpg.a0f5fd9352f64c737a0a66100658edfa.jpg
Take em! They're supposed to be delicious. I'd love to get one stuffed. Can only imagine how much my taxidermist would love me if I brought him one of those prickly creatures or a skunk lol

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Take em! They're supposed to be delicious. I'd love to get one stuffed. Can only imagine how much my taxidermist would love me if I brought him one of those prickly creatures or a skunk lol

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Kurt did my porcupine

• Like 1

Kurt did my porcupine
He probably hated every second which is the best part lol. Also porcupines are cool. Can only imagine must be a nuisance to transport but oh well. Maybe one day I'll see one. Not likely in Westchester though

#WeDemandADislikeButton

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

He probably hated every second which is the best part lol. Also porcupines are cool. Can only imagine must be a nuisance to transport but oh well. Maybe one day I'll see one. Not likely in Westchester though

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I don't think it's a big deal. when they are dead, they are dead.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic