LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

They're munching on my raised blind.  Just like everybody said they would!

In the property I hunted for 20 years, our box blinds got ravaged by them. One was eaten right down to the studs. in the spring of 2019 we killed 11 in 2 days and killed another 7 throughout the deer season. One was in the box blind when I attempted to enter in one morning. My wife had one trying to climb into the one we named the "porcupine" stand. All she had was a pair of Nikon binos in her hand. She won the fight.

Nikons.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Can't imagine anyone out in this

radarshot (2).png

Left Letchworth early .... Nobody was seeing much ,we had idk 8 guys hunting another 4, there for the campfires . This morning was supposed to be ok till 11, rain started around 8 , and get worse as day went on .

Regroup , turn it on next week .

I have skinned, fleshed and egg tanned a porky a few years back...it was easy to skin but very difficult to flesh! They are very fatty and greasy. In addition to the quills being barbed, they have some kind of toxin/irritant on the end of the quills (from my experience).  I would like to try putting up another one.

no deer yet...no rain either!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GreenDrake said:

In the property I hunted for 20 years, our box blinds got ravaged by them. One was eaten right down to the studs. in the spring of 2019 we killed 11 in 2 days and killed another 7 throughout the deer season. One was in the box blind when I attempted to enter in one morning. My wife had one trying to climb into the one we named the "porcupine" stand. All she had was a pair of Nikon binos in her hand. She won the fight.

Nikons.jpg

Yikes!

Dad and I got out for a bit this afternoon. Light rain wasn’t too bad and it all but stop about golden hour time. Dad had a button and 4 pt less them 10 yds but they caught his scent or some movement and bolted. Couple doe around but no shot for me. Back at it in the am and evening tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walks out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

20201028_194926.jpg

20201028_222921.jpg

First off, congratulations Tim.  In my eyes, the buck is a beauty but the best part is the PERFECT shot you made!

I went over to Tim's house after he got home to help him weigh and hang the buck.  I brought my camera and snapped a couple pics......

F2ywIre.jpg

I liked this picture; the cart belongs to Marty, he hunts with Tim occasionally and fortunately was hunting close enough by to help with the deer.  Marty's wife brought the cart over and that's how they got the beast out.  I helped to get a buck out Marty shot a couple years ago with this same cart and it works great.  Once again it's purchase paid off in spades.

aRd6xQy.jpg

• Like 18

First off, congratulations Tim.  In my eyes, the buck is a beauty but the best part is the PERFECT shot you made!
I went over to Tim's house after he got home to help him weigh and hang the buck.  I brought my camera and snapped a couple pics......
F2ywIre.jpg&key=a2dfb5322301375d4512a92f0504ee1e2a1c4b957c909707a82b08b095ba2343
I liked this picture; the cart belongs to Marty, he hunts with Tim occasionally and fortunately was hunting close enough by to help with the deer.  Marty's wife brought the cart over and that's how they got the beast out.  I helped to get a buck out Marty shot a couple years ago with this same cart and it works great.  Once again it's purchase paid off in spades.
aRd6xQy.jpg&key=982a59e3f46aeb17abe731538c62975cd7f35ab51e6f224bcea36a27eb835317

And so the weight was....

• Like 1

Up and in on the Island 8f
Don’t know how you guys do the long drive every morn! 50 min drive then mile and half hike. Saw my first deer in neighbors yard. Came too close to a 4/6 pt standing on side of road. Jumped one on my trail in off cut corn field and had one walk by about 15 minutes ago. I think doe, still too dim. She did not think my calming spray was calming!!

5 minutes till legal! Good luck all!! 34 I got my heavy gear on for a long sit if needed

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic