LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

22 minutes ago, Zag said:

Son and I are setup, on way in we came across one of the biggest bucks I’ve see on our land. Looked like he was stuck with a doe and 2-3 other bucks were crushing around the. We had good wind so we backed out and re entered from another location, we have great wind we just need them to head our way!

Hopefully this was the right call, I didn’t think both of us on a knee next to a pole pine was gonna be to successful. Maybe we should have just stuck it out but I didn’t want him to bust us either. Tough call to leave that action but hopefully it pays off.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone keeping my spirits up today. I’ve been hunting now for about 7 years and have not harvested anything worth showing, it feels so good to finally get a big buck like this and with the bow. I had guys reaching out to me to help find him who don’t even know me and that is truly awesome. 9 pointer in 6S 
77E67022-3E2C-475D-8628-E635568AB7AF.thumb.jpeg.d3cbdc00db781c61f55f3723e56ed606.jpeg

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone keeping my spirits up today. I’ve been hunting now for about 7 years and have not harvested anything worth showing, it feels so good to finally get a big buck like this and with the bow. I had guys reaching out to me to help find him who don’t even know me and that is truly awesome. 9 pointer in 6S 77E67022-3E2C-475D-8628-E635568AB7AF.thumb.jpeg.d3cbdc00db781c61f55f3723e56ed606.jpeg

Congratz! That’s a dandy! How far did he end up going? F f I’d you get chest and gut or just gut?

He died on his feet so I’m guessing some chest

30 minutes ago, bmaciewicz said:

Thank you to everyone keeping my spirits up today. I’ve been hunting now for about 7 years and have not harvested anything worth showing, it feels so good to finally get a big buck like this and with the bow. I had guys reaching out to me to help find him who don’t even know me and that is truly awesome. 9 pointer in 6S 

77E67022-3E2C-475D-8628-E635568AB7AF.jpeg

Every harvest is worth showing! Post up in the harvest thread with some details of the hunt. I think we would all like to hear it including what your arrow hit going through. 

• Like 2

Like I said little basket 8 couldn't be happier.  Almost gave up bowhunting 3 years ago nothing ever seemed to go right could never get on decent bucks but I stuck it out.  Bucks on this hill dont grow massive they are all pretty small.  He fell 3 yards from the one last year.  3 sits in this spot I found last summer resulted in 2 8s,and spotted 4 other 6 or better.  At the truck warning up and grabbing my cart for the mile walk back to him and back out.

And biz from the ground
20201030_093719.thumb.jpg.01306dac2897804c2ddb00856ee6e82b.jpg
20201030_093703.thumb.jpg.a1b3a4c66635ed98fb95678b13ddf5e2.jpg
SB... That's an awesome deer! Public from the ground makes this a special memory and any public deer is a trophy! Congratulations! You have done very well!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bmaciewicz said:

Congrats on finding him and taking a great deer. Awesome end to the story.  

And any deer is one to be proud of NY. But this one is def a dandy. 

Creek behind the house was crazy high, had to use the atv to cross and even that was dicey not looking forward to heading back in. Only gunna shoot tonight if it’s big.

I tell myself that all the time lol! I'm not shooting anything back here that isn't going to the taxi! First doe that comes through...THWACK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 6

I tell myself that all the time lol! I'm not shooting anything back here that isn't going to the taxi! First doe that comes through...THWACK

77E67022-3E2C-475D-8628-E635568AB7AF.thumb.jpeg.d3cbdc00db781c61f55f3723e56ed606.jpeg
Bingo freaking bango! That how this group of guys roll......you need help and 3-4 members anytime of day are willing to drop what they are doing and will be in full out recovery mode! Thats what the brotherhood of deer season is all about!

Now with a very detailed write-up like @Moho stated....will help us all with a shot like that next time in the recovery phase!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hahaha if I didn’t get the doe Sunday that would have been the case, just not in the mood to get wet tonight

1 hour ago, bmaciewicz said:

Congratulations sir! Nice job! Awesome buck!

• Like 2

That is a fine deer! Congratulations to your success!

Day 2 of 11
So much for waking up early... Guess I needed the sleep.
Took a drive to allegany to do some scouting and wound up having a lengthy stare down with a doe... She only showed me butt hole and never turned to give me a shot, she was just at 30 yds and I opted to not take the perfectly executed texas heart shot. All in all... Was a beautiful day to hunt!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmaciewicz said:

Congrats on a fantastic buck. 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic