LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

6 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

So my son shot a doe last night and this morning after hunting I was checking the trail cam and it caught the arrow going through the deer ,,, pretty amazing ..

7F464FDC-7051-487F-A812-A9A45CE00ABD.jpeg

1811AB58-DC62-4063-9B00-2BB6A6E2409C.jpeg

Congress to your son. Very neat pic. 

I had the best sit of my life. Had the biggest buck I've seen while hunting at 15 yards and another giant at 40ish. Plus three other bucks one of which was a shooter. And no buck tag lol. I may be a full moon guy now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dont you dare turn on@crappyice and I!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I had the best sit of my life. Had the biggest buck I've seen while hunting at 15 yards and another giant at 40ish. Plus three other bucks one of which was a shooter. And no buck tag lol. I may be a full moon guy now!

To clarify it’s a blue moon. You also hated mid October hunts until you killed bucks 2 years in a row

Not live from the woods but shot my bow this morning to make sure it was me and not my bow with the high hit yesterday.  Well at 20 yards I was 4 inches high and an inch or 2 to the right and at 30 I was still a little high but 4 inches left. Must of bumped my sights some point.  Glad I got my buck but I will need to make sure I shoot a little more often making sure nothing gets moved going in and out of the places I hunt.

4L

Busted getting set up for the second day in a row, and 3rd time this year.

This time by a doe and her two fawns. They came in quick, and she scented me. She backed off from 15 yards, made me and bounded off. Saw the buck that was pushing her, and he saw me too. That was at about 11am. One of the fawns bleated, and they both seemed to be happy to be along for the ride.

Frustrating season so far. My timing has been off, and I can feel myself losing patience, which I need to correct. I should just accept that it was a great encounter, and I picked a good spot. Down in a couple hours for Halloween with the wife and boy.

fab4ca4ca483a8874c2e61fa7fc4654c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Today might rival 11/2 from last year! Congrats to all who scored! 

I was in stand by 630. Had a button buck feed under me around 8. Then busted a few doe feeding in the corn on my way out. Saw a few fresh scrapes and rubs. I'm in all day Monday, dark to dark! 

Had this guy cruise by the stand i hunted from this morning just before I got there..

Screenshot_20201031-110433.png

• Like 3

Back out for the afternoon sit. Maybe a little early but that's fine by me. Had a red fox trot by already. Does anyone else stand the whole time in their treestand or ladder stand and not sit? Always afraid I'm going to miss something or get busted standing up if I sit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Belo said:

4 non-shooters last night and a small doe this morning.

And I don’t care, but sighting in your gun at your “range” in the freaking woods at 9am is a real dick move and super selfish

Sent from my iPhone 

I agree its a noise nuisance but the deer aren't going to leave unless he is right next to them. I think this bugs us more than the deer. Now if he is doing it just to piss you off thats another story.  Stay seated he might push something to you.

• Like 1

Just now, Zem18 said:

Back out for the afternoon sit. Maybe a little early but that's fine by me. Had a red fox trot by already. Does anyone else stand the whole time in their treestand or ladder stand and not sit? Always afraid I'm going to miss something or get busted standing up if I sit.

I have the same feeling but if you are alert you can stand up pretty easily with out them seeing you. I fidget to much standing so I sit most of the time. 9 out 10 I get to stand that 10th time usually the deer is already on high alert and he would have seen you anyways. Take a seat and relax!!!  Lol

I have the same feeling but if you are alert you can stand up pretty easily with out them seeing you. I fidget to much standing so I sit most of the time. 9 out 10 I get to stand that 10th time usually the deer is already on high alert and he would have seen you anyways. Take a seat and relax!!!  Lol
I was standing this morning and still got busted but he came in behind me. My brain just says stand so you can see everything. Might sit for a little but up well before prime time.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic