LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Hunted a new set this morning until 11:30, only a couple of spikes and 2 does, pulled a card after climbing down to find yet another big boy on the hill. Only night time pics...this is getting frustrating to say the least.

253a5babc0be1548b7656ddb204cfef2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Back up and at em. Pulled some cams on my way out on home prop this morn. Lotsa buck pics, plus 2 following a doe. But ALL at night. Checked on the tower and tested the heat. Frikin chip or mouse chewed a hole in the 12 foot propane hose little bastid.

• Sad 1

8 yards.  I wish they would chew with their mouth closed.  Lol.  
IMG_20201031_155235156.thumb.jpg.8dae9e6e638aab6f7485f50c802a2dc1.jpg

Don’t even think about calling for help dragging one of those out!!

Oh hell I’ll help you hide a body for a share of the meat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everytime I start losing hope, the rut reels me back in and gets my heart thumping. Saw a spike early and then I turned around 930 and saw a big boy walking by just out of range. Tried calling him in but he was on a mission. I tried to attach a video but I keep getting an error. Cant wait for Wednesday when I can get back out.

I hunted from the ground today since they stole the treestand where I was sitting. I forgot how much I like sitting in the ground. Just a different feeling.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well I’m heart broken. At 9:45 this morning I had a beautiful 8 or 9 come in and I whacked him . After backing out for 2 hours i started in on the blood trail. We followed blood for a good 500 or so yards when I cousin says look there he was 30 yards away starring at us . He jumped and took off. He ran up on the next ridge looking back and continued into my field. After checking thru the field blood was pin drop size. The whole blood trail was spotty no heavy blood.here is the trail cam pic just before I shot and my arrow. I thought for sure it was a good hit but hit him low. 

2AB247FC-1AF4-47BE-9381-8167C11E1AF1.jpeg

5A5559D0-3375-4F08-9DC2-3551F4CC8F0C.jpeg

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Cory said:

Well I’m heart broken. At 9:45 this morning I had a beautiful 8 or 9 come in and I whacked him . After backing out for 2 hours i started in on the blood trail. We followed blood for a good 500 or so yards when I cousin says look there he was 30 yards away starring at us . He jumped and took off. He ran up on the next ridge looking back and continued into my field. After checking thru the field blood was pin drop size. The whole blood trail was spotty no heavy blood.here is the trail cam pic just before I shot and my arrow. I thought for sure it was a good hit but hit him low. 

2AB247FC-1AF4-47BE-9381-8167C11E1AF1.jpeg

5A5559D0-3375-4F08-9DC2-3551F4CC8F0C.jpeg

Nice looking buck if it is a low shot the blood should be bright red no bubbles. That would most likely be b a survivable shot. 

2AB247FC-1AF4-47BE-9381-8167C11E1AF1.thumb.jpeg.0a0f66ec814658f5df37830a59326dff.jpeg
5A5559D0-3375-4F08-9DC2-3551F4CC8F0C.thumb.jpeg.c3c47e6b200f7f092ad06fae1623e23d.jpeg

Is that a broken arrow? I can’t make out the pic too clear but 9/10 that’s a shoulder hit. Did you hear a loud crack? Was the arrow still in him when he ran off the first time?

27 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Nice looking buck if it is a low shot the blood should be bright red no bubbles. That would most likely be b a survivable shot. 

Yes bright red no bubbles. When I seen him run off during the track the way he took off and leaped I can honestly feel good about him surviving.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Is that a broken arrow? I can’t make out the pic too clear but 9/10 that’s a shoulder hit. Did you hear a loud crack? Was the arrow still in him when he ran off the first time?

Yes that’s the broken arrow! Yes it made a loud whack. When I got down the first place I looked was the tree behind him to make sure I didn’t hit that. It’s just heartbreaking he would’ve been my first bow deer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Back out for the afternoon sit. Maybe a little early but that's fine by me. Had a red fox trot by already. Does anyone else stand the whole time in their treestand or ladder stand and not sit? Always afraid I'm going to miss something or get busted standing up if I sit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I do both. I am always nervous when I'm sitting though,  head on a swivel. I'll usually stand an hour after sunup and an hour before sundown

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cory said:

Yes that’s the broken arrow! Yes it made a loud whack. When I got down the first place I looked was the tree behind him to make sure I didn’t hit that. It’s just heartbreaking he would’ve been my first bow deer.

Man I know how you feel, sucks

Keep your head up bud. Happens to all of us. I had a clean miss on a doe one year then a bad brisket shot on a nice buck that survived before I took my first deer with a bow last year.

The good news is you seen him run off and he will survive.

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic