LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

So close ...I spotted fat solo doe at 12yds coming in towards my creek-side ground blind...at less than 10 yds,  i started to draw and find a spot to bury my stone point...I didn’t have the shot I wanted (even being so close), she busted me and bounced off.  So close but I don’t regret not taking a shot.  Soon!!

1E458B53-E305-48DA-BD7D-487FC19B7BCF.jpeg

• Like 14

Best sit in a long time, no more deer seen, I don’t feel I spooked any on my way out either.  I have purposely not hunted much this bow season, in hopes of not burning out my home woods, before Halloween.  

Congrats to all who scored today, some amazing deer you guys, can’t imagine.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

Doe down. What a cluster! Shot her at 16 yards but spines her. Lost my other good arrow out of the quiver when I shot. Had to climb down and tried to use the arrow with a bad bane on it but as I pulled back, the string on the release broke! The arrow flopped into the ground on the far side of the deer. Had to go back to the tree and search for the arrow that fell. Found it and went back and finished her off with a finger shot. 
Didn't go out till after the Bills game and only sat for maybe fifteen minutes before shooting. 

1DF4A4EE-B5AC-4001-95E1-3DA42C037D89.jpeg

D98955B4-EB64-4E72-BBE3-A3028943519E.jpeg

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Some giants taken todaym congrats guys. And the Bills won.. 

I'm out all day tomorrow. Saw the forecast though. Winds expecting to top out around 40?! How windy is too windy for under 25 yd bow shooting?

My busiest deer day last year was that kind of wind.   But I did hunt a more sheltered valley.  Still plenty of wind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Just finished caping Moog's buck. I may have put the tape to it too...

I just got back from dropping mine off at the taxidermist.....He's going to cape it out tonight and save the lower jaw for me.  I'll pick up the horns and jaw so they are in my possession.  A few of my friends want to see the rack as soon as possible so I might as well hang onto them until ready to be mounted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

I just got back from dropping mine off at the taxidermist.....He's going to cape it out tonight and save the lower jaw for me.  I'll pick up the horns and jaw so they are in my possession.  A few of my friends want to see the rack as soon as possible so I might as well hang onto them until ready to be mounted.  

Betting yours breaks 150.  Great buck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hunted yesterday and saw 7 deer in the morning. All the deer crossed the creek different paths and didnt come on the 10 yrd trail infront of me. One started to come, but for some reason she was a little nervous about coming on the trail that would have led her at 10 yards infront of me. I did see a nice 8pt cross the creek, but he didnt care about the grunts and snort wheezes I sent his direction. 
In the afternoon I went to my grandparents property, but my neighbor tried to stop me from entering my property as we have a shared road. She even went as far to threaten to shoot me. She says she doesnt want anyone hunting down there (my grandparents property), but shes perfectly fine with telling her friend to tresspass on my proeprty to hunt. DEC is going to take care of her friend with a list of charges and the troopers are taking care of my neighbor. I let it go last year when they threatend to kill me, but enough is enough. I told the trooper to tell them to never speak to me again and he told me that was a very good idea and if they persist, I should take further legal actions. I left at the best time to hunt to head to the state troopers so I didnt see a deer in the afternoon 
Amazing!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic