LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Sweet sissy arm gloves!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

It's to protect the fur for transport. The effects can be damaging to the hide when it comes in direct contact with human hands. This makes the taxidermist job much easier. Duh

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It's to protect the fur for transport. The effects can be damaging to the hide when it comes in direct contact with human hands. This makes the taxidermist job much easier. Duh

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Oh is that so? Sounds made up to me. I personally prefer big printed out pieces of paper that say "Please Do Not Touch The Taxidermy" it's easier than making up some story about hand oils hurting things

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Protecting the gucci camo man! Hell ill change before i get my sitka gear all nasty lol.
In fairness I'd agree that deer I'm sure was a bit ripe. But a still warm deer the kind that are so fresh when you slice em open some of the muscle fibers are still twitching I stay fully clothed

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, listening to the wind HOWLING out there is not very motivating! I caution my son about the safety of hunting in high winds, because I've had close calls with overhead limbs and even trees fall around me before and you can't move very fast or far strapped into a tree with a harness! I suppose to help justify, I will be walking in along a standing corn field and my stand is right along the edge of the corn and woods. :rolleyes:  I'm going in.............. 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

3S - 36 degrees, 628am sunrise. 20-30mph winds from the west with gusts 45-50. I’ll likely only hunt till 10am or earlier if the wind gets annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Growie widow makers falling left and right

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I got up at 4:30 and it was roaring out. I hunt for enjoyment not to worry about dying lol. Now if I had a good ground setup I might. Bed won!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the forecast and didn’t bother with alarm.  Hunting is supposed to be enjoyable. Not seeing deer , high winds and freezing my nuts off swaying in a tree is not fun. My head is more than a hat rack. Coffee , couch with wife and news with the dog with us 

• Like 11

Me too , for me high winds = not enjoyable . Although yesterday my front yard was covered in leaves ,  no grass visible , now it’s almost all grass ! 

By looking at the weather forecast , I’ll be out all week starting , perhaps tomorrow morning , but for sure the afternoon .

• Like 1

Catching up this morning and not surprised to see all the nice bucks taken Saturday, man was it a beautiful day in the woods and it'll go down as one of those baffling days for me on why I didn't see more action in the AM to the point that I packed up and planned to hunt Sunday AM. Saturday night of course was for the family and kind of a bummer as I knew the conditions were good... but then as we were wrapping up trick or treating and the wind was picking up and I was finishing off one too many beers looking at the full moon I knew I wasn't going out haha. Don't think I missed much and of course it's warming up as I get ready for vacation... ugh.

Congrats to all the hunters punching tags!

IMG_0065.thumb.JPG.118a3f84a9df7867928cb907c775742f.JPG

Edited by Belo
  • Like 11

df0bd189d6e5837e985b4458135a0453.png

Crazy winds and sleet/snow. Tried a grunt call at 840 and this spike Nearly ran me over. Came
Front and circled behind me. Wind in his face and never spooked. I took a great video at 3yds. Here’s a screenshot.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

df0bd189d6e5837e985b4458135a0453.png

Crazy winds and sleet/snow. Tried a grunt call at 840 and this spike Nearly ran me over. Came
Front and circled behind me. Wind in his face and never spooked. I took a great video at 3yds. Here’s a screenshot.

Great 11 pointer

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 AM, moog5050 said:

Bad shot.  Agonizing overnight weight and Treeguy remains 100% on recovery on his bday.  

story later.  

8B07C9F3-FEBF-4129-9DF6-549769E21CC4.jpeg

Congrats Brian! Awesume buck! You deserve it! Best of luck with all the rest of your trials and tribulations! We're still praying for you and your family.

• Like 2

Live from my desk. Just catching up from the weekend. Big congrats to all that were successful! I have been making a concerted effort to stay off the phone while i am in the stand this year so i haven't posted at all live from the woods. 

Last week i moved a stand to a ridge top that was covered in scrapes. Sat there yesterday morning. In and set up while dark. It was windy. I kept thinking i heard something over my right shoulder, look and don't see anything. It happens again, i look and don't see anything. Get gray light and i hear it again, i look over my shoulder and a shadow of a deer runs off about 40 yds. I can see the outline. It stands still for so long that i decide my eyes are playing tricks on me and the deer ran farther than i thought. Its getting lighter and it finally moves. Like one step but it was enough to confirm that its the deer. Its body looks big and now i can clearly see the white on its snout. It can't get light fast enough. It stands there again forever. Had to be another 15 minutes. It takes a few steps down so i don't have to look over my shoulder anymore. Now i can see it is a very decent buck. It again stays still forever. It had to feel like something was up but wasn't sure what. Now i can see but it isn't legal time. I am wanting the clock to go faster but i also need the deer closer. It takes a few more steps and goes behind a tree so i stand up and hook on my release. It is behind the tree so long that i am starting to wonder if it walked directly away from me. It finally takes another step and i can see it head again. I am telling myself to relax and keep calm. This has all taken at least half an hour. Now i am pretty sure it has to be close to legal but i am not moving to look at my phone. He moves about 20 yds down in front of me and stops again so now he is about 30 yds and my 2 oclock. He walks directly down in front of me, right in front of a pine tree i had ranged at 24 yds. Its pretty open but if he goes down the ravine he will be gone in a few steps so i take a chance and draw. He doesn't even notice. I tell myself to take my time, go over my form, settle the peep, confirm my anchor, remind myself to bend slightly at the waste, settle the pin on his heart and slowly pull the release. The lighted knock goes right under him and sticks in the ground between his legs and he runs off. I am beyond frustrated,  and don't understand how i missed. I was calm, collected, walked myself through all the steps. Then i realize i never adjusted my site. I have to slide my single pin all the way up go get my quiver off and then all the way back down. I always reset it at 25 yds. But I always double check once it is light and make sure it is right. Well i moved it all the way down below 20 yds. And since this all started happening when it was basically still dark. I never double checked it. I was mad for a few minutes then told myself i got all the excitement and none of the work. Plus i still have my buck tag for the best part of the season. That is the first deer i have seen this season. Maybe i'll get to draw blood next week with the new Scorpyd....

• Like 8

Took my time walking / scouting my way out. No new rubs or scrapes along the mile or so of trees i passed alongside the standing corn. Got to the car, changed, and then I hear the combine making it's was down the road. I almost threw the gear back on to get back in a stand. Decided against it. I've had enough of this wind for one day.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic