LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Back down in Kansas Seen three bucks, the 10 this morning and two eights or maybe the same eight twice. Didnt get a good look at him the first time except to see he wasn't big enough. The last one 8 was bothering a doe one of a group of 4. Looked like a three year old buck.
I never killed a big buck mid day dispite lots of all day sits. I really have no confidence in midday yet here I am foodless and backsore staying in all day again
Passed this guy first thing this morning at 15 yards 2822fa46017d03f7f09e8e6ec7f255d3.jpga806200ae1118be0ae341eaea7a4852b.jpg

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Back down in Kansas Seen three bucks, the 10 this morning and two eights or maybe the same eight twice. Didnt get a good look at him the first time except to see he wasn't big enough. The last one 8 was bothering a doe one of a group of 4. Looked like a three year old buck.
I never killed a big buck mid day dispite lots of all day sits. I really have no confidence in midday yet here I am foodless and backsore staying in all day again
Passed this guy first thing this morning at 15 yards 2822fa46017d03f7f09e8e6ec7f255d3.jpga806200ae1118be0ae341eaea7a4852b.jpg

Is there a specific age class or score minimum for you in KS?   Not sure if you are hunting with a guide that requires it or self imposed.  

Out for more punishment in public 3g. Hi winds out if west right now. Sitting in a blow down overlooking oak flat that was torn up pretty good. At this point I may need someone to describe what a deer looks like to me so I remember how to recognize them.

Good luck to all out there. 22215c241572afd61c5c554d63e8458b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Live from my desk. Just catching up from the weekend. Big congrats to all that were successful! I have been making a concerted effort to stay off the phone while i am in the stand this year so i haven't posted at all live from the woods. 

Last week i moved a stand to a ridge top that was covered in scrapes. Sat there yesterday morning. In and set up while dark. It was windy. I kept thinking i heard something over my right shoulder, look and don't see anything. It happens again, i look and don't see anything. Get gray light and i hear it again, i look over my shoulder and a shadow of a deer runs off about 40 yds. I can see the outline. It stands still for so long that i decide my eyes are playing tricks on me and the deer ran farther than i thought. Its getting lighter and it finally moves. Like one step but it was enough to confirm that its the deer. Its body looks big and now i can clearly see the white on its snout. It can't get light fast enough. It stands there again forever. Had to be another 15 minutes. It takes a few steps down so i don't have to look over my shoulder anymore. Now i can see it is a very decent buck. It again stays still forever. It had to feel like something was up but wasn't sure what. Now i can see but it isn't legal time. I am wanting the clock to go faster but i also need the deer closer. It takes a few more steps and goes behind a tree so i stand up and hook on my release. It is behind the tree so long that i am starting to wonder if it walked directly away from me. It finally takes another step and i can see it head again. I am telling myself to relax and keep calm. This has all taken at least half an hour. Now i am pretty sure it has to be close to legal but i am not moving to look at my phone. He moves about 20 yds down in front of me and stops again so now he is about 30 yds and my 2 oclock. He walks directly down in front of me, right in front of a pine tree i had ranged at 24 yds. Its pretty open but if he goes down the ravine he will be gone in a few steps so i take a chance and draw. He doesn't even notice. I tell myself to take my time, go over my form, settle the peep, confirm my anchor, remind myself to bend slightly at the waste, settle the pin on his heart and slowly pull the release. The lighted knock goes right under him and sticks in the ground between his legs and he runs off. I am beyond frustrated,  and don't understand how i missed. I was calm, collected, walked myself through all the steps. Then i realize i never adjusted my site. I have to slide my single pin all the way up go get my quiver off and then all the way back down. I always reset it at 25 yds. But I always double check once it is light and make sure it is right. Well i moved it all the way down below 20 yds. And since this all started happening when it was basically still dark. I never double checked it. I was mad for a few minutes then told myself i got all the excitement and none of the work. Plus i still have my buck tag for the best part of the season. That is the first deer i have seen this season. Maybe i'll get to draw blood next week with the new Scorpyd....

Great story, I'm sure it was frustrating, but it sounds like you came to terms with it. I hope you get another shot at him.

Passed this guy first thing this morning at 15 yards 2822fa46017d03f7f09e8e6ec7f255d3.jpg&key=ec6566aea03edd581f7debf783e1c03de74a3b2923fa6f489c13e7adfc206723a806200ae1118be0ae341eaea7a4852b.jpg&key=57a6503321622980fdb4f9276d8a68492302a15909790fbbff5c23ccb26bb851

Awesome. Who you hunting with? And what are you holding out for? 140,150,160?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back in for the evening sit. That wind is brutal! Coming across ~150 acre standing cornfield and smacking me directly in the face!

Pissed off because I can’t find my bino’s! Had them over the weekend, but just can’t find them now. Ripped the truck apart, but no luck! UGH....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was in line earlier to get a couple leftover DMP’s. There was a Mennonite kid in front of me. He told the guy behind the counter he would, “Like another buck tag too”!! Scary how ignorant some hunters are about the regulations!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Headed out now. Just finished caping out a stud for a former forum member...

i hate your games! haha

is phade a former member already? Is it growie? mr. vjp? papsmear? there are many hahaha

congrats to whoever it was, except papsmear. the rest are cool :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Live from the ATV trails is more like it. That clown has come through twice now scaring off two mature does that have been making their way to me for the last 45 mins. Frustrating but here’s to hoping the last 1.5 hrs brings better luck

2 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Out for more punishment in public 3g. Hi winds out if west right now. Sitting in a blow down overlooking oak flat that was torn up pretty good. At this point I may need someone to describe what a deer looks like to me so I remember how to recognize them.

Good luck to all out there. 22215c241572afd61c5c554d63e8458b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain here in 3H. I’ve spent a total of 42 hours on stand this season with only 4 deer and 1 bear sited. Hopefully with the rut kicking in they’ll be off the lawns and back in the woods soon.

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

i hate your games! haha

is phade a former member already? Is it growie? mr. vjp? papsmear? there are many hahaha

congrats to whoever it was, except papsmear. the rest are cool :)

Nope those guesses are wrong ...... heres a hint , he’s hunted with me at my spot before .

Working from home.  Out the back window I've seen a spike twice (once around noon, and just again now), and three does in the 2:00 p.m. hour.  Wind calmed down a short while ago.  Tried putting a stalk on the does earlier, but the wind whipped in all directions, and they winded me.  Exciting...  But mostly a spectator today.  Hope to be out in the morning and tomorrow.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic