LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

58 minutes ago, Belo said:

i hate your games! haha

is phade a former member already? Is it growie? mr. vjp? papsmear? there are many hahaha

congrats to whoever it was, except papsmear. the rest are cool :)

Papsmear and Mr VJP, two guys I tangled with regularly.  I  kind of regret it too.......maybe I'm getting soft in my advanced age?

On 11/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, Lawdwaz said:

Not live from the woods but it’s the first free minute I’ve had....I made a poor shot on a bruiser around 9:25 yesterday morning.  I left him go till 3pm then went and found him. I’ll type up all the details later on when I can use my computer and not the phone.  

He could be my best buck ever.....dressed at 205lbs but last night laying in bed I remembered that after I got the stomach and lower parts out I forgot (my mind was on how in the heck I was going to get him out in daylight) to pull the heart and lungs. :)

278FCA47-0DB6-4AF8-9515-1130C5B9C736.jpeg

86A4080E-2208-4989-A3AD-D7CAB984F71F.jpeg

Congratulations lawd! What a slammer!

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:14 AM, E J said:

Went out a little while ago to see if I could find the buck I shot this morning with my friend. My woods are really thick with multiflora rose and buckthorn and all other kinds of nasty stuff. There was no blood to follow so I just started circling where he entered the woods while my friend stayed close to where the blood ran out as it entered the woods from my field. After about 20 minutes I found him stiff as a board. I hit him in the liver.

20201101_100814.jpg

Congratulations EJ!

• Like 1

Well we ended up seeing I think 6 different bucks. My sons size requirements have been pretty high but when a 6pt (8 if he had brows) came almost in range he was getting antsy! Earlier a 10pt appeared about 50yrds out, I’m not sure if he was bedded or what but he headed the opposite way and a soon was chasing 2 does. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Missed a real good one. Hit a little sapling halfway between us.

I shot lots of video if I ever learn to edit I’ll try to post today’s adventure! a67f8c7ee07a146257078b4b6f486013.jpg
bfd7efb4c77d0723486caeed6a0b8a03.jpg
afe679af6713bf0dd4448838ffb24ceb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking this was your kinda day. Snow on the ground for you is boots on the ground. If it's windy and cold walking and tracking is def the way to go.  Sounds like a fun day despite the miss. Hope u get another chance on him 

• Like 2

Didnt see any on stand this evening. Walking out i bumped 2. In my backyard 30 yards from my patio my wife and kids opened the door and said look a deer running in the field, i turn around and a real nice buck runs 40 yards behind me into the woods...o well atleast im starting to see bucks, just not the right place or the right time.

• Like 1

I shot lots of video if I ever learn to edit I’ll try to post today’s adventure! a67f8c7ee07a146257078b4b6f486013.jpg&key=72e7aa2028eb6384f983ce23456e748cd5792fc0eb66092e54f3dc4c35d30365
bfd7efb4c77d0723486caeed6a0b8a03.jpg&key=eb69f1aa284c955f20a426e021d9fe9912956f49c8d4dbe162f6760970085a5c
afe679af6713bf0dd4448838ffb24ceb.jpg&key=924713d36fbb4ac8def819ae140070eae6ae520df836319a61b44b0956e478ad

At a quick glance the first pic looked like a close up of a hoof print!
Glad you had some action

26 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I shot lots of video if I ever learn to edit I’ll try to post today’s adventure! a67f8c7ee07a146257078b4b6f486013.jpg
bfd7efb4c77d0723486caeed6a0b8a03.jpg
afe679af6713bf0dd4448838ffb24ceb.jpg

Ya win some ya loose some. The adventure is what you are after.

I went out in 8G for the last three hours tonight... Windy as hell in my first set up so I moved to a lower leeward bedding area. Perfect... Hour before end of light and a doe pops out onto the pipeline to feed. I'm all brushed in and ready... She's moving towards me slowly feeding. She is about at 45 yds and puts her nose up .... Tail up and runs back into the bedding. I realized the wind shifted to a straight west wind .... She winded me.... So dam close. Tomorrow I'll hunt 9H
Good luck everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well we ended up seeing I think 6 different bucks. My sons size requirements have been pretty high but when a 6pt (8 if he had brows) came almost in range he was getting antsy! Earlier a 10pt appeared about 50yrds out, I’m not sure if he was bedded or what but he headed the opposite way and a soon was chasing 2 does. 

What a sit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

All while sitting on 3 acres!! Wind direction wasn’t great for us and we both sat in the blind to hide from the wind. Tomorrow will split up, I have 3 stands to choose from all within eye sight of each other so we should increase our odds a little!

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What a sit!

• Like 1

All while sitting on 3 acres!! Wind direction wasn’t great for us and we both sat in the blind to hide from the wind. Tomorrow will split up, I have 3 stands to choose from all within eye sight of each other so we should increase our odds a little!

Sounds awesome.

• Thanks 1

Well thought I’d see nothing after the ATV bow hunter busted out the whole area but right before dark a nice size 8pt came right in searching. A first for me ever though tonight. I tried to stop him at 25 yards with a mouth bleat and he would have been broadside in between two oaks but instead he tucked and ran when he heard it. No way he saw me 30ft up in my climber and he couldn’t smell me the wind was 20mph+ right in my face. Wonder how that spooked him.

6 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Well thought I’d see nothing after the ATV bow hunter busted out the whole area but right before dark a nice size 8pt came right in searching. A first for me ever though tonight. I tried to stop him at 25 yards with a mouth bleat and he would have been broadside in between two oaks but instead he tucked and ran when he heard it. No way he saw me 30ft up in my climber and he couldn’t smell me the wind was 20mph+ right in my face. Wonder how that spooked him.

You hunt 30ft up.   Holy smokes. 

• Like 2

Nothing seen all afternoon in 3g. At sunset packed up and hiked back. Kicked up a doe and two fawn bedded right off the trail about halfway home. If it were legal, I could have popped the doe at 10 yards as she just stood there. Kinda wished we had 30 minutes post sunset during a season like this. She trotted off with her twins after a few minutes of staring.

At least I know there are some deer around but the action sure seems pretty slow and very little daytime movement.

Congrats to those that connected and good luck to all. Heading in to vote at 6 am tomorrow. Unsure how long that will take and see where that puts me for a late morning or pm hunt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic