LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Nothing seen all afternoon in 3g. At sunset packed up and hiked back. Kicked up a doe and two fawn bedded right off the trail about halfway home. If it were legal, I could have popped the doe at 10 yards as she just stood there. Kinda wished we had 30 minutes post sunset during a season like this. She trotted off with her twins after a few minutes of staring.

At least I know there are some deer around but the action sure seems pretty slow and very little daytime movement.

Congrats to those that connected and good luck to all. Heading in to vote at 6 am tomorrow. Unsure how long that will take and see where that puts me for a late morning or pm hunt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Been slow in most of the 3’s units from what I hear so far. 60+ degrees temps starting tomorrow but it has no choice but to explode soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been slow in most of the 3’s units from what I hear so far. 60+ degrees temps starting tomorrow but it has no choice but to explode soon!

From your lips to God's ears. Not sure if it is EHD outbreak or the fact that I lost the private land I used to hunt and am only on public, but it has been a real slow season. Feels like my hunting skills have gone from mediocre to abysmal. Still great to be out there though.

Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You remind me of Peter Fiduccia......splitting image IMO. 

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone that harvested lately. Some real beauties hitting the ground. I haven’t posted much, but I’ve been trying to get out whenever possible. I’ve been after one particular buck all season and it’s getting to the point where I think he’s going to slip up soon. I had pics of him this morning before first light. So I decided to slip in there after work tonight. I snuck into my ground blind for the last 45 minutes of light. The wind was blowing about 25, but where I was it was a little protected. Right at sunset I had a spike chasing a doe right by my blind. I gave it another 20 minutes or so before I decided to sneak out of there. About 5 minutes after I got out, I got pics of him chasing a doe right past my blind. Hopefully he stays in the area for a while. He has a habit of sticking around for 2-3 days, then disappears for a week at a time. I’ll be in there again in the morning for first light before work, and again in the afternoon if I have to. 

• Like 4

Well thought I’d see nothing after the ATV bow hunter busted out the whole area but right before dark a nice size 8pt came right in searching. A first for me ever though tonight. I tried to stop him at 25 yards with a mouth bleat and he would have been broadside in between two oaks but instead he tucked and ran when he heard it. No way he saw me 30ft up in my climber and he couldn’t smell me the wind was 20mph+ right in my face. Wonder how that spooked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly last
Time he heard it an arrow sailed
Over his back lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You hunt 30ft up.   Holy smokes. 

Probably more like 25-26ft lol. I use a 30ft safety rope and it’s just off the ground by a few inches so 30ft minus the diameter of the tree. I find it hard to stay really still so the higher up the better luck I’ll usually have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BfloHunter said:

Well thought I’d see nothing after the ATV bow hunter busted out the whole area but right before dark a nice size 8pt came right in searching. A first for me ever though tonight. I tried to stop him at 25 yards with a mouth bleat and he would have been broadside in between two oaks but instead he tucked and ran when he heard it. No way he saw me 30ft up in my climber and he couldn’t smell me the wind was 20mph+ right in my face. Wonder how that spooked him.

May have had an arrow sent his way after one of those bleats some time in his past...

Also - 30 ft up on a day like today?  Ballsy!

Edited by Rebel Darling
Thought of question

11 hours ago, BfloHunter said:

The 30 foot tall buck probably scared the crap out of him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

34* out, sky was/is pissing yet again, mumbled a lot of obscenities and turned on the TV. Supposed to clear up later so who knows.........

Get it done all you crazy MFR's out there in the rain and cold.

Hunt next to bedding ,they'll browse around during breaks in the rain and then blammo ! 

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic