LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

My bump and dump plan turned out to be all bump and no dump. Nothing seen in the PM other than some chipmunks and squirrels.

My bride picked me up in the parking lot and told me she saw a herd of does in the yards on the way to pick me up. The joys of hunting suburbia.

Giving an old rub line a shot tomorrow to see if anyone has woken up yet.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Made it for a morning sit in 8N for a couple of hours until it got real windy and it warmed up into the 60's. Got down and scouted a bit and they are not refreshing scrapes that were made last week at all and no new rubs. No deer seen.

Didn't do the afternoon because I just can't bring myself to hunt in the 70's. Put the mowers away, pulled the batteries, and charged them up. They are finally starting to cut the cornfield to the south and can only hope things begin to pick up.

IMG_20201104_075345[1].jpg

IMG_20201104_075329[1].jpg

IMG_20201104_075258_1CS[1].jpg

IMG_20201104_075243[1].jpg

• Like 1

Heading out in 10. Going to hunt a new brush blind I made yesterday after finding a fresh scrape that wasn't there on Tuesday. Jumped 4 deer in the last two days in that spot, so I'm giving it a shot. Wind isn't perfect, so I may end up sitting where I was yesterday morning. Only have a couple hours.

Possible bear scat ( a lot of it ) in the area as well, if I arrow a bear I'll be coming here to ask for help getting it out of the woods.:blink:

• Like 3

Packed in for another all day sit on stand but these warm temps arent helping with the deer action. Yesterday the last deer I saw was at 7:15...made for a long sit until quitting time. Was at least entertained by a flock of turkeys for awhile at about 1:00. Good luck all out today.

In about 30 mins ago. Winds light out of NW. Crazy temperature differences. Cold air and fog at the parking lot in the valley. Probably ten degrees warmer and clear on the ridgeline I am on.

Here till about 8 then will scout a little for a PM spot.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Out back in the new middle ladder.got stuck at base of stand by deer near took me over 10 minutes to get up. Didn’t even get situated and had another walk by in the bottom. Too dark to see. Let’s hope they keep moving for a bit now that I can see lol 50 and a light off/ on breeze

I with you all on the Coz doe, my freezer looks in poor shape!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Two younger does came in about 5 mins ago. I’ve seen them around this stand usually in the evening with another larger doe. No sight of her anywhere so me thinks she’s found a buck to bed down with.

Sorry this is off topic also but anyone use those spypoint cell cams? I’ve got a few of them and thought they worked well but this is the second time I’ve physically seen multiple deer walk past and the camera doesn’t snap any photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic